Marksman hunt

How are people feeling about marksman with the buffs? would jungle still be the best for it?

1 Like

Still feel like BM is way more forgiving and easier to play. So why struggle and play MM when you can play BM with your brain off.

Kinda like fire vs arcane and frost.

But if you want to try it out, I’ve seen a few of them since patch and they’re not bad. They just need to play really good

4 Likes

The problem right now with MM is that it relies way too much on procs. On top of that, MM is very easy to shut down, sv and or bm would probably be more viable options.

I think the problems mm had before 9.1.5 we not damage related. It did big damage before but was ruined by any stun. Now it does bigger damage but is still ruined by any stun

4 Likes

MM can do absolutely insane burst damage, even on my level 43 I’ve hit 3k+ aimed shots for some reason lol. You just don’t see MM and Survival because of BM, Survival does insane sustained damage compared to what most people think

I think it’s really good! Was doing it on my alt that’s in 236 gear 28% crit and like 9% mastery (no haste) and rapid fire legendary.

Using the concuss pvp talent makes keeping melee off a breeze along with binding shot and scatter shot.

The dmg is really good. I would start with double tap + trueshot + dmg trinket + orc racial, then venthyr shot, rapid fire, aimed shot aimed shot with execute procs and it would wreck people.

The problem as mentioned is stuns. Wouldn’t take much to kill me with lack of self heals. Me and buddy who is a 230 Ret pally managed to get like 1585 last weekend. I would imagine in 3s if we had heals it would be really good.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses

You pretty much answered it, the hardest part about BM is staying awake playing it and it’s just overall not fun in the slightest.

1 Like

Would it be weird if I said I never lose to BM hunters, but only lose to double MM cheese?

Their opener dmg is no joke

1 Like

Little different. Fire just has more cc, and better burst. Why play the other 2 if they literally have only roots and lackluster damage

Cupid is pretty crazy burst atm.

seems like it does absolutely insane damage against rogues/monks

def really good
but less good into tankier stuff

1 Like

The best thing for it would be not to do that to your self and play it lol. Such a terribly designed spec.

I wish they hadn’t buffed it. A lot of MM’s tonight who respecced that would have been A LOT better off staying BM.

1 Like

marks is broken u legit can just run at people shooting em down

i’ve recently switched and while the damage is insane it’s also insanely hard to play if you’re not used to it. Very hard to survive, I’ve only tried it double dps tho. It may feel better with a healer

I have been healing my friend who is playing MM hunter and I can tell you know they GET MURDERED by everything. The only way he gets a trap is if we off cc the dps training him for enough time that he can safely get the trap. If he was bm we would just insta win the game because of the amount of pressure they have while moving.

the problem is BM is broken af just like the /targetlasttarget macro when they feign death, broken

The difference between knowing how to actually kite and playing BM.

1 Like

So when is the optimal time to stun them? Serious question. I pretty much only play 2s with a RL shadow priest friend and MM hunters give us a lot of trouble. Any tips / advice is greatly appreciated tia

MM is pretty nasty can get some sick 1 shot setups. But most hunters prefer to play braindead BM, much easier to compensate for their low IQ’s and minimal brain function