Mark Kern's Stress Test stream

And, as I mentioned before, personally hand-delivered it to Blizzard.

If Blizzard and Kern were on bad terms I doubt they’d let him through the door.

7 Likes

Again, of course he did, because he’s done nothing else worth a damn with his professional life. He latched on to something that would make him important again.

2 Likes

They have a lil red button and a dial that moves a torch closer to a hamster to make it run on its wheel faster to increase spawn rates. The hamsters name is Dynamic.

3 Likes

You don’t have to personally have a problem with someone to know that they’re not good to work with professionally.

1 Like

Being forced out 9 times out of 10 would create bad blood though.

If he left of his own free will, that’s far less likely.

3 Likes

Meh, it depends on the person so I don’t think this holds merit. Besides, it’s again been over a decade. I think they would have gotten over any spoiled milk by now.

Like I said. 9 times out of 10.

And you have NO idea how long company memories are if you seriously think that.

I should have known the direction this thread would take.

3 Likes

Yeah, apparently we’re not allowed to have a positive opinion on anyone with a stream even if they’re a former Blizzard dev or CM.

looks at Ythisens sadly

2 Likes

Imagine someone caring enough about poor Mark Kern to be duking it out on a WoW subform in 2019. I swear, people will argue over anything.

I could care less about the guy personally, but just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what was and wasn’t in Vanilla, especially systems side. Now I doubt it was like our current version, but it wouldn’t shock me they didn’t have a way to turn up mob respawns.

1 Like

How can this be! I would be 100 x more effective tester. I’m dedicated, hardcore… is nothing enough for these people!!! These influencers going in front of me… I feel neglected.

edit. Joke.

2 Likes

Can’t tell if serious or trolling…

EDIT: Nvm. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pretty interesting. I never heard of Firefall and didn’t know Blizz was almost going to can WoW.

Think how different the mmo genre would be if WoW hadn’t been made. Also, Allen Adham, the original Lead Designer and also one of the founders of Blizzard actually wanted server caps of like 500. Imagine going from that philosophy to where the game is now.

Should of stuck with that design philosophy imo but what can you do.

2 Likes

Well, if you’re Blizzard…take notice of Classic’s wild success. And maybe react to it in the Current WoW.

That would be a big maybe. Nice to see Ion is somewhat open to it though.

He better be in beta, he’d be far more useful than most. Plus I’m sure he still has some connections to hook him up.

A random comment from the Vanilla Lead is more important than the opinion some no name person with a sub-human reputation like yourself.

And Mark went to Blizzard HQ and presented the petition for legacy. He’s more instrumental in Classic than you have ever been in anything in life.

1 Like