Mark Kern's Stress Test stream

I think it’s a good watch. For people who don’t know, he was the Team Lead on Vanilla WoW. He talks about the experience. It’s quite interesting. For example, something I didn’t know is that Vanilla had dynamic spawning (he calls overspawning) which was supposed to kick in in starting areas with a certain amount of players.

12 Likes

Wait… Vanilla had dynamic respawns?

Omg. He got priority because he was the lead on Vanilla!

23 Likes

The OP said stress test. Pretty sure he’s not in beta.

That being said, he’s more qualified to be in beta than anyone.

10 Likes

A random comment from a man with a questionable reputation does not mean that this system existed. We just magically haven’t heard of it in 15 years? Please.

Id hope so. I didn’t know he was a streamer. I’d watch him. At least for a bit.

2 Likes

Oh shut up. If you haven’t heard of him you haven’t been paying attention.

3 Likes

Who?. (please get the joke).

1 Like

He “left” WoW when it was getting insanely popular. Who knows why or if he was actually forcibly removed because who in their right mind would leave WoW by choice at that incredibly successful point in time. He went on to found a company that failed, and was voted out of that company . Voted out.

Yeah, no, I don’t care for him and the people who grovel at his feet are pathetic.

1 Like

They have always had the ability to increase or decrease spawn rates. Tieing the amount of players in an area to it just automates it.
Guys they are just numbers that can be tweaked. Pservers gave it a name. What it really is. Is an adjustment.

1 Like

It’s not just Mark Kern. Kevin Jordan confirmed it as well

http s://clips.twitch.tv/ TolerantRespectfulHerbsKappaPride

6 Likes

What do you say, let’s maybe report his stream. I mean we don’t want any changes like dynamic respawns and even if he is legit and dynamic respawns did exist, let’s still get him because it doesn’t fit our narrative.

While we’re at it, let’s kick Amazon out of NYC. Oh wait, we already did.

5 Likes

Wait what? What happened to Amazon?

And do we mean the dot-com or something else?

1 Like

Yeah no kicking out Amazon was retarded. However, this is not comparable at all. Come on.

1 Like

Considering Mark Kern’s the guy who personally hand-delivered the petition to Blizzard…

I’d say you’re just paranoid and not in a healthy way.

6 Likes

underrated post

Yeah because he hasn’t done squat in years. Of course he’s going to latch on to something successful to do with his name.

I believe the working 1.12 reference client that the Classic team has. Not the memories or word of a washed up guy.

Show me it’s in the 1.12 client and I’ll agree wholeheartedly that we need it.

1 Like

Technically it wouldn’t be in the client. It’d be server-side data.

5 Likes

Which the Classic team has…

He was also the one who helped make Classic WoW happen when he brought stacks of printed out petitions to Blizzards doorstep after the Nostalrius controversy.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nostalrius-petition-passes-200k-signatures-mark-kern-to-deliver-it/

Thank you Mark Kern!

5 Likes