Many Weekly Quests Did Not Reset

Switched to a different character for my main two weeks ago, this week I am getting this issue and I cannot get any keys. Can anyone at blizzard help this is actively griefing my progession.

2 Likes

Gonna add my name to the list. No chests for awakening the machine, no keys from chests, and no profession quests available

3 Likes

Really need this to be fixed today, losing out on progress.

3 Likes

I am actively considering the same. This is insane, this is a core mechanic of the expansion how do you frick it up?

4 Likes

Adding a +1 here so this issue does not continue to go ignored
 hopefully.

3 Likes

Ditto. My first month is up on Friday, and this might be the final straw that prevents me from re-subscribing. Without weekly tasks, there really doesn’t feel like any reason for me to play this week.

5 Likes

+1 Encountering this issue on multiple characters. No keys or equipment from caches. It really kills all my motivation for playing or re-subscribing, especially since it has been happening for weeks now with no response from Blizzard.

4 Likes

Technically, this is probably caused by a script that runs when you log in on a character for the first time after weekly reset.

The script appears to have a significant chance of failure, perhaps in particular when servers are under heavy load.

When the reset script fails, the failure is not properly registered and the game continues as if the reset script ran successfully.

At this point, the game retains no information that would allow Blizzard to easily distinguish between a player where (1) the reset script failed, or (2) the reset script was successful but the player already completed the activities.

This likely makes it difficult to fix without some kind of heuristic that would have a non-zero false-positive and false-negative rate.

It’s truly fascinating, though, that the solution Blizzard chooses is complete silence and no action

8 Likes

Same issue here, many weekly quests did not appear after reset.

1 Like

can we get a blue to reply today maybe? i hope

5 Likes

Same boat. I have one character that seems impacted. No weekly profession knowledge, no weekly crafting order quest, no awakening the machine or theater troupe rewards, no keys, etc. Same stuff everybody else has been saying and every ticket I submit is met with an automated, generic, template response, usually telling me to go to the forums, and then marked as resolved without any sort of assistance provided or attempt to resolve. Blizzard Support has never been worse.

4 Likes

On the same boat. None of the weekly quests have reset for me, and submitting a ticket wasn’t helpful at all.

3 Likes

Pushing 6000 views, meaning this is probably effecting a TON of people and radio silence from Billzard. Shame.

3 Likes

This is now affecting me this week. Really annoying and kills and will i want to play the game. Especially as a solo player, this basically stops my ability to progress.

7 Likes

Cancelled my sub. I have limited time to game so I came back for Delves and this just kills my endgame. I’m tired of beta testing a game for a company that doesn’t respect us enough to communicate.

11 Likes

Same thing happened to me. Can we at least get acknowledgement that there is an issue? This is a pretty big issue, worried about running anything in case it locks me even more.

3 Likes

They unfortunately do not care.

1 Like

Bumping for a blue post

1 Like

if blizzard give any kind of response positive or negative that would mean they acknowledge it, but as long as they keep silent they can just ignore the problem and that is what they will do if they think its something not worth their time fixing.

5 Likes

Bumping for ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

2 Likes