Manual Crowd Pummeler and Druid Tank

Nope.

Good story, though.

Why are you even here? You provide nothing of value, you’re contrarian and refuse to provide any semblance of proof, and your only known character is one that hasn’t cleared Naxx - which is what the topic of the conversation is.

You refuse to show a character that doesn’t exist because you’re talking out your rear.

And get harassed by you folks? Not a chance.

Classic is based on another game that I used to play, by the way. About 15 years ago. Just keep that in mind.

I can tell by your post count that you’ve not really been around long enough to know what I mean.

Read any threads talking about various classes and specs. When someone inevitably brings up another’s logs, see how often “this is my alt” or “that’s my alt” is said in response to being publicly humiliated.

The guy got Mauled. Got a real Thrashing. His Mangled body can only whimper, “That’s my alt.”

Did you fail to clear Naxx back then, too?

1 Like

Is this like palm-reading?

Nah, just a combat logs reading.

Given the comparatively (and absolutely) miniscule number of guilds that cleared Naxx back in Vanilla, the idea that he somehow cleared Naxx as a feral tank (with or without MCP) back then is enormously less plausible than the idea that he’s hiding an alt that can do it in Classic.

Really? Tell me the name of my Vanilla Druid.

Oh, clearly there’s only one way to play this game.

Sarcasm aside, Classic is not as difficult as these folks like to make it out to be. Take it or leave it. You’re gonna get these kinds of folks who min/max the game to death and will swear that’s the only way you can play the game and win it. You’ll get pressured by folks who, essentially, just like hearing themselves talk about how much they think they know about the game.

I used to think that way too. But there’s a lot of things in this game that make life easy through and through. And there’s other things you may do that will surprise you.

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_jY2fpiwM

You’ve blown my mind. Nothing will ever be the same.

If you wanted to avoid harassment, lying on the forums about experience you don’t have while making grand assumptions that don’t comport with reality was probably a bad choice.

You try this whole “less serious than thou” haughtiness only to link us a terrible video of someone in complete world buffs doing Nef MTing, a feat that everyone else here has done without wbuffs during Phase 3.

/giggle

PS - There’s a reason Cat Druids on Nef aren’t really all that hard to heal up compared to Warriors forced into the Nef specific Berserker Stance, but since you’re phobic about min/max I’ll let you have your celebration.

no need. anyone with a bear tank in their guild knows bears have a ton of threat generation. as well as they hit the armor cap, and have enormous health pools.

Before I left for Navy stuff I loved tanking on my bear. My guild went down to one raid team so this guy got benched because we had another feral on the other already. A super Naxx/AQ geared feral world buffed with super hi Critting mauls is gonna make a ton of threat. Enough to not get caught by the dps. MCP just helps get those mauls off faster. If the bear isn’t main tanking tho it really doesnt matter. I’m looking forward to playing bear and my bm hunter Trottingwolf in BC maybe a shaman too.

Fury prots in naxx gear…yeah, I can keep up with MCP lol. If they use reck, it’s all over for me.

Bears are no longer the threat kings we were back in earlier tiers, but we keep up and still do better threat when going full on potato mode. We’re perfect for a fight like patchwerk.

But being real about it…we also have a lot of shortcomings at the moment. Our threat on the pull can really suck badly due to RNG and we don’t have defensive cooldowns anywhere near as good as shield wall, last stand, and LGG.

Also be prepared for the prepatch if you’re a feral tank. If we get TBC prepatch I think our threat generation is going to go down (even with the addition of mangle) until we’re in outlands and can level up and get new gear. I’m personally just going to go boomie until TBC if we get a prepatch.

1 Like

Swipe will scale with AP, which we get gobs of in Naxx/AQ40 gear, and Fury gets its rage generation neutered.

Lol classic raid content is so easy you’d have to be phenomenally bad even as a meme spec to truly be carried

You’re not very bright, are you?

As was already pointed out, you should probably fully clear all the content before commenting on its difficulty in a manner that is so matter of fact.

I actually tend to agree that Classic is easy, which is why it blows my mind people still can’t clear the content.

But is it more than Fury/Prot? I don’t think anyone is questioning that they can do lots of threat.

This is such a silly take.

The only way you’re going to avoid getting caught by DPS on threat is if your threat are throttling or they are terrible. MCP is absolutely essential for Bear to deal competitive threat.

Even in the most generous scenarios, they’re doing equal threat to a Fury/Prot while using an MCP with 100% uptime and full BiS (including KotS and DFT).

It’s because Maul is so essential to your TPS as a Bear that MCP is so powerful. You keep saying “oh, Maul crits, the Maul crits are so big” as if that detracts from the argument that doing 50% more of them is insanely important. Why not have huge Maul crits and 50% haste?

This is true, at least, but at that point you don’t need big Maul crits, either. You generate such a massive threat lead while tanking a secondary target that you’ll never lose aggro even wearing full mitigation gear.

Your threat generation matters far less on Patchwerk because the majority of it is coming from Hateful Strike.

I do agree that they’re very good for that fight, though.

To be fair, when the pre-patch comes out, all the tanks will swap to Deep Prot for Devastate and the insanely rage efficient threat generation.

im not familiar enough with bear form and warrior metas to answer that question. i doubt either is significantly better at generating threat than the other, and both most certainly rely on many variables to efficiently achieve any goal they set out to accomplish

I think in optimal gear, they’re close, leaning in favor of Fury/Prot.

At least on all (most?) the fights logged in Naxx so far, the best Fury/Prot Warriors are generating more threat than the best Feral Druids. The real difference is in actual damage dealt, which very clearly favors Fury/Prot.

Sorry, that’s a logical fallacy. Just because changes are made doesn’t mean we should keep making more changes, to the game. Don’t worry, pro-changers like to use the same excuse, too despite it being flawed.

However, your suggestion isn’t a bad suggestion. I’m just of the opinion that it wouldn’t be Classic, anymore. I’m not going to scream “no changes”, though.