Manual Crowd Pummeler and Druid Tank

I’m a resto druid looking to get into tanking. Blizz, if you’re reading this, help make druid’s lives healthy and sane by taking away charges on MCP and give it a CD instead. Whether 5min, 10min, 15mins, or whatever. Just for the love of druid tanks, make it not be a 3 time charge and thus help our QoL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

About 2 years late on that suggestion, the MCP meta came and went (jk you still do it in TBC), don’t think Blizz is giving any attention to outdated mechanics like this ever.

I thought about the meta and decided to farm MCP one day. Ran the instance until I was locked out. Only 1 dropped. I used it on 2 fights in Molten Core and afterward said, “Yeah, I’m just going to stick with my regular two-hander and call it a day.”

Haven’t looked back.

The meta doesn’t control me. I can clear content just fine without MCP, Wolfshead, or any of that stuff.

8 Likes

you mean you get carried just fine

6 Likes

You got carried, you mean.

Just don’t farm it. Don’t use it unless you really want to. People will love you for your Leader of the Pack and Faerie Fire already. I know you get folks who will try to force some meta on you, but there are guilds out there who know that clearing content and having fun doesn’t mean min/maxing the game to death.

2 Likes

You don’t have to do it, it’s not needed.

2 Likes

If you haven’t already, do The Perfect Poison, a quest found at Cenarion Hold in Silithus. Pick up Doomulus Prime, a 2-Handed Mace that gives +22 Strength, +22 Stamina, and +1% Hit Chance. The Hit Chance is really nice since Druids don’t have any +Hit talents and have to make up for it through gear.

I’m currently using Nat Pagle’s Fishing Terminator, but there’s a few other items to look out for:

Unyielding Maul from DMN
Warden Staff, a BoE Epic World Drop
Draconic Maul from BWL
Blessed Qiraji War Hammer from AQ40 (your offhand should be Tome of Knowledge from Strat Live)

As far as stats are concerned, Might of Menethil from Naxx will be the best tanking item in the game for you. It’s even better than Atiesh, granted the Attack Power bonus from Atiesh is incredibly high.

I can’t believe you just suggested a feral get might of menethil…

because it has 46 stam?

what good is stam if the boss isnt even attacking you because you do no threat.

1 Like

MoM ony has 20 str and 2% crit. It’s not even close to as good as war hammer.

1 Like

I can out threat a fury prot any day LOL. This guy is salty for some reason. Anyhow, you don’t need MCP if you have a good weapon. If you’re using maul/warden staff, you might consider getting an MCP if you’re MTing. If you’re using any weapon with FAP, MCP isn’t needed. Maul crits will keep the threat up no problem.

Also, nobody used MCP in TBC. The attack speed increase does not = the attack power lost from not using a FAP weapon.

1 Like

That would be a nerf to an already weak tank spec

I use MCP on Vael in BWL just so I can cheese that fight and do 800 dps in my terrible gear. AQ40 has been super stingy and won’t drop any feral gear. Almost 3 months and not a single freaking piece has dropped. I’m in mostly crafted, MC, BWL stuff because of my bad luck.

I try to farm a few MCPs for raid nights. My guild doesn’t make me but I get them because it’s easy and I get to out perform the other feral druids :slight_smile:

if they decide to do this they should also make it so world buffs tick down while logged out. see? ask for changes, everyone else starts asking for changes. this is what “#nochanges” actually means

1 Like

I’m very sure you out threat fury prot warriors without MCP :slight_smile:

This is such a terrible idea. Feral benefits greatly from being able to use multiple charges per fight. Giving a CD might mean less farming, but it seriously gimps your performance in raids.

No, you don’t.

It gets turned into Haste Rating, and doesn’t give nearly enough haste to be worth dropping 900+ Feral AP.

This is just plain wrong. 50% haste is the only thing that keeps Feral even remotely close to competitive in threat. If they’re going to out threat a Fury/Prot, they need MCP.

Our guild top feral Kormahl has 0 problems gaining on threat with ouro not using a MCP, it was a needed crutch early on but his crit is crazy high in his bis gear. Maul crits make crazy threat. I get MCP crutch for less geared bears tho.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9YhNk1C7nWyjbPRV#fight=40&type=summary&source=6
Your Feral is using MCP on Ouro. lol?

2 Likes

That’s probably fine if you’re an off-tank where your target isn’t being killed first. Main tanking you’re going to definitely want some MCPs for though.

It also has +46 Stamina. With Heart of the Wild, that becomes 55.2 Stamina.

No. Game isn’t hard. I’d agree with you if I was in some parsing guild, but my guild doesn’t really care about that.