Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

I don’t entirely disagree, and I see where you’re coming from. If I had to pick one, I’d much rather they focused on the draenei and broken. Especially because of how egregiously overlooked the systemic abuse and disenfranchisement suffered by broken is in the lore. It had the potential of a great story that was never fully realized. But the Man’ari being back has enormous implications, and I don’t think that can be fully ignored, either. Since they aren’t their own Allied Race they’re also realistically either going to be addressed in our heritage or possibly not at all.

Except we’ve seen multiple cinematics of these Trolls being represented by the player troll model.

So yes your just obsessed with the physique.

except it does when the Zandalari joins at the end of that quest after the 3zones you see all the troll tribes there.

The Man’ari can sit on the bench as they’re canonically off doing good and redemptive deeds. Blizzard can revisit that storyline in another expansion or two.

Let it breathe

Obessions is when it’s literally the only thing you think about most of the time, and trust me I have lots of things on my mind. Just saying that They’re not playable because not even skins are available for both of them.

I remember all troll tribes during Rastakhan’s funeral, but there was no information about other trolls following Zandalari. If that would be the case then it would be emphasised in game.

I don’t know. If they were going to go that route they should have – like you pointed out before – planted the seeds years ago. At this point we either have to draw our own unsubstantiated conclusions about what the Man’ari are actually doing and how integrated if at all into the Alliance they are, or we get a one-off story about their role in draenei society now that Blizzard’s gone this route.

We’re most likely going to see more Man’ari NPCs dripfed into the world in addition to where they’ve already done so. Those aren’t canonically off doing good and redemptive deeds, they’re right smack dab in draenei civilization. Since they won’t be going back on that, I’d rather they move forward and give us some idea of what’s going on post-Seeing Red.

3 Likes
  1. How does that not make them evil
  2. That’s just one way of looking at it. Your personal story for your Man’ari can be totally different from Arzaal’s. You could’ve been on the front lines fighting for a cause you thought was righteous until the veil was lifted from your eyes.
3 Likes

I believe the Draenei heritage quest will be about unification of the branches of Eredar—Repentant Man’arai, Draenei, and Krokul—into one whole and finally putting down true roots. This quest line laid down the first layer of foundations for that goal.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for! I mean, that, and finally getting to use the WoD draenei architecture on Azeroth. I miss those cozy inns.

8 Likes

For my character, who was but a simple beast trainer on out the outskirts of the major cities, he saw the fleeing of Velen and the Draenei as cowardice. He honestly believed that they left people like my character to die defending Argus from the legion

When the legion finally came and took over he had no choice but to convert. As he was going to serve the legion one way or another

I like that most people have different reasons for joining and at least it gives some legitimacy to wanting to repent

3 Likes

It is criminal that the Draenei haven an entire architectural kit that is rotting in the files unused. I truly hope they refresh the Azuremyst isles and put down proper buildings instead of continuing to live in a crashed spaceship.

7 Likes

Seriously! I’ve wanted a revamp of Azeroth for ages now, but Azuremyst is still pre-flight and I just can’t buy that these immensely gifted architects and engineers have just been dealing with using jagged slabs of metal as dinnerware for the past decade.

4 Likes

Just like how the kaldorei are getting some updated buildings, would be nice if the Draenei and azure and bloodmyst isles got some much needed upgrades

2 Likes

Oh man, druids are getting absolutely SPOILED next patch, and I’m all for it. Azuremyst could be so pretty if they updated it - plus, I feel it’s a great opportunity to expand on the relationship between night elves and draenei. Outside of things like Forest Song, we don’t get much…and lord knows Velen wasn’t especially helpful in Darkshore.

Opening up trade, sheltering refugees, using druidism and snazzy crystal tech to accelerate harvests a la Elodor, there’s a ton of possibility there. And it’d be an awesome way for the draenei to pay them back a little for letting them squat on their island for so long :eyes:

4 Likes

There are lots of new stuff, but personally this isn’t stuff I wanted. I wanted for proper wolf form for Worgen druids, and nicer boombkin model for them and the Darkspears.
It additionally stinks, that if you want a proper troll druid cat model you have to farm legion artifact to actually look like a proper tiger with nice troll themed armor.

2 Likes

I’d love for them to bring back glyphs and other forms of customization to help make class/race combos more unique. It took us forever to get anything for ghost wolf that wasn’t orc/troll themed, too.

3 Likes

Wolf forms are taboo—That is aspect of the pack territory and is why the worgen curse exists to begin with.

Some of the other forms could use some work though, yes.

2 Likes

Nobody, but you decided to make poor taste irl comparisons to defend this questline.

To be clear, my issue was never with this questline, but with the weird defenses of irl stuff that you brought into this thread.

1 Like

Ey, you just got the Man’ari, Kirin Tor accepts literally everyone into their ranks. So I think wolf form isn’t that egregious move, you can write that Lo’gosh gave them blessing to use it without problem.

But other than that :slight_smile:

It’s long overdue. Like nelf priests having silverly effects on their holy spells, Tauren Paladins having different animations (same with Zandas) for Paladin.

Tabulk Spirit form for dranei.

2 Likes

You know it is odd. I havent been pvping much and decided to do curb stomp last week and one of my thoughts was “man I wish these new assets were used in Goldshire/EK”.

I forgot how outdate the old world felt.

1 Like

We were already making the poor taste irl comparisons.

I never defended irl stuff. Where did I defend the pardoning of war criminals? I said it was bad that it happened, but it happened. So if we’re making those comparisons, in light of that, Man’ari given pardon to lend their aid despite what they were party to isn’t unrealistic.

You quoted my post in this post you’re making. I said in that same post that it wasn’t justified.

Or maybe we shouldn’t be making those comparisons to begin with which was my point. It’s a weird weaponization of real events that people do without really thinking about it much, but I don’t think it should be in this discussion. When someone does something bad in the game, let’s not automatically jump to the Nuremburg trials to give our argument more weight.

1 Like