Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

That’s a really gross comparison to make for genuinely repentant beings trying to atone.

You can’t atone for 30 thousand years of murder and genocide.

9 Likes

I just realized forgiveness was a REALLY bad word there. My bad.

Ignoring your current debate, I think my favourite part was the fact the Atamal crystal was involved.

Like, the moment they talked about an artifact that let them communicate with Sargeras I expected it would be it and yet it was really nice when I saw it. 1 down, 6 more to go for the Draenei’s ultimate Mcguffin.

4 Likes

Okay well the Krokuul who allied with them don’t agree with you and they probably have a pretty big claim on being wronged by the Eredar.

5 Likes

So the real question is if we are allowing playable Man’ari where are the playable satyr?

4 Likes

I thought demon hunters were in fact demons.

This was the best option they had to give us Playable Manari and they chose the terrible “Well I actually feel bad for ten thousands years of finding planets and genociding all life on them.” guilt.

1 Like

No, but you see Kil’jeaden had m-m-m-mind powers! If you even leaned to right when breaking wind he’d know! You couldn’t blame the talbuk, he’d definitly know it was you!

Every eredar on every world at every moment of every day if you even considered fleeing, Kil’jeaden would know!

1 Like

Going with the “I was just following orders” thing to “redeem” people for intergalactic genocide is certainly a choice. Definitely one of the choices of all time.

10 Likes

I love comparing literally everything to a certain party to subdue people into thinking I have moral authority.

Boy you people are gonna be really zonked out of your minds when you find out how much technology is owed to people who were given pardons of that particular party. Not to say whatever they did was justified, but the fact that they were pardoned at all to begin with.

Not to mention all the soldiers who were in fact just following orders who were allowed to go back to their lives, have families, move on, and do something else with them.

1 Like

Literally a bad thing lmfao.

2 Likes

Not arguing that it wasn’t a bad thing. But it did happen. Quite a lot of our lives are built off of that suffering.

So yeah, having elements of that in your story when it actually happens in real life isn’t a bad thing.

Haven’t played this questline yet but it’s surprisingly well written; far better than I ever would have imagined Blizzard writing a questline like this. The Man’ari acknowledge that they can’t be forgiven and that such is impossible, there is no redemption for them; their only goal now being to do as much good as their twisted souls can for those that they have harmed.

2 Likes

Operation Paperclip scenarios should not be glorified. Luckily this isn’t that.

It isn’t that because it isn’t real. That’s why comparing things to the funny windmill party in a story is dumb.

The demons are pledging their aid. No different than DKs, or any other number of unsavory groups who use unsavory powers in the game.

1 Like

I’m wondering if this will be the case for the Horde as well, i can already think of a couple potential scenarios. We already know it’s possible to cure fel orcs, and even without curing them there are cases of Fel Orcs almost joining the Horde so it’s a nonzero chance for them to do so in the first place.

The Sunfury are among the Horde’s armies so by that logic Felblood Elves (the ones in Sunwell Plateau) should be technically possible…

Felborne could potentially be possible also. Idk about Feltotem though.

2 Likes

That is not how story-telling works, but such a take is very telling.

2 Likes

I’m also wondering how the Alliance will react to the Man’ari Eredar working alongside their uncorrupted kin. Could be really interesting to see actual Alliance internal conflict for once. I’m predicting that reactions are at absolute best going to be met with even more horror than the Death Knights from most people and at worst outright murder especially from parties such as the Army of the Light.

Though, I do find it feasible that they’ll likely be able to make some amount of friends - namely among Alliance darkcasters (Warlocks, Ren’dorei, etcetera.) or potentially the Illidari.

From a lot of the takes I’ve seen about this questline, a lot are just… incorrect, straight up. The Eredar are not redeemed, they are not forgiven, they are also not (not yet anyway) even straight up Alliance yet, to claim otherwise is headcanon.

3 Likes

Literally a member of a group that was genocided and am a result of that history. But go off on how you know me personally.

What I’m saying is that if people are going to bring up the infamous “I was just following orders” as not being a defense, they should at least realize that it wasn’t that cut and dry in real life either. That the nation of Germany still exists and is not populated entirely by the descendants of defectors.

So if we wanna go there, let’s go there. The Eredar are the funny windmill party and the Allies still showed their nation some mercy after their defeat and allowed them to make some good out of their lives. That’s what this is. The unforgiveable can be forgiven.

2 Likes

During the quest chain, orc players can question as to why they should trust Arzal’kal’s words considering how Kil’jaeden master minded the corruption of the orcs and he says the following…

I’m not sure if any other races have their own unique dialogue during the quest chain.

14 Likes