Man I'm really gonna miss this game

Guess you’re right, thought dampening came out in cata but I’m completely wrong. I don’t remember games lasting 30+ minutes in cata but also I’m not very good at healing in arenas so that could be a huge contributing factor.

I’m looking forward to troll druids love them and can’t wait to get the cat form very colorful and awesome to look at.

I am not sure cata pvp will be that good, the bots might turn it as a bot can pvp in the battlegrounds use the honor to buy stuff. Plus pvp in sod might be more fun as there is more to…discover.

Cata was good, MoP the first time around had crazy good world pvp imo. Of course have to consider things will be a second time around and that changes things.

So what happens if you have a Classic Wrath 'toon and you just don’t buy Classic Cataclysm?

It’s included in your sub. You don’t have to buy anything else.

So it just becomes Cataclysm on its own? Guess that would make sense. One day it’s wrath then all of a sudden here comes Deathwing to rip everything to pieces.

Just like Vanilla became TBC and TBC became Wrath.

I just started playing Classic a few weeks ago. I wasn’t aware of those changes. In any case, it’s fun seeing how the world looked before Deathwing came swooping through.

And if you want to experience it more you can play Classic Era, whether that’s SoD, Hardcore or on actual Classic Era servers.

I mean I would look at the kind of game cata is since wrath is ending and cata is begining it might not be the end of the line and at times you have to ask yourself if you feel comfortable playing cata knowing your might lose it to mop. I would advice caution since after vanilla there was no era expansion added though tbc nostalgia is strong right now.

What is it about achievements and the other thing you mentioned that you don’t like? I think they’re cool.

Would be better off playing SOD if you just started. No way to catch up on the wrath servers now…

I have. I have played era and sod. I like sod better because my warlock gets these runes that turn your gloves into killer weapons.

The one thing that’s difficult about era is that the quest locations are not put on your map so you have to either go search for them, remember where they are from earlier questing or go get a high level classic 'toon to go located them on the Retail server.

But it’s fun seeing how WoW looked when it first went MMO. I also played a little Warcraft Orcs & Humans to see how it all started.

Oh, I don’t mind achievements themselves, per se. I don’t like the account-wide stuff, as I find it detracts from unique character identity (for me at least).

:woman_shrugging:

The tiny number of players that claim they will play one version of the game forever will be gone by the time cata is over. All that will be left is those who want progression.

I don’t know how these people who are so attached to their characters yet can’t tolerate playing other expansions. This Mage is my main, I’ve played it every time I go on WoW but currently there’s nothing to do so I don’t play as often. Cataclysm is a whole new set of content that I can sink my teeth into and actually play my Mage instead of logging in for 20 minutes, contemplating whether or not I want to fish or do a needless dungeon then log off and in the times I do fish it’s just chill, watch videos, not actually playing WoW.

I can’t imagine playing my Mage if there’s never nothing new coming, I feel like Era servers cater more towards those that actually aren’t attached to their characters. People that like to level alts and get them geared though dungeons then raids and even then that’s provided that they and a suitible number of people actually hold an interest in playing Era servers.

“Losing” a character to an expansion makes no sense, the character goes nowhere, yes things change about the character (talents, spells, etc.) but the reason for that is obvious.

2 Likes

Nope. We still got Wrath other places to play. Bizzard isn’t my only way of being able to play it. I wont be subbed soon so that’s that. Cata isn’t Classic. In WoTLK the old Classic world still existed. Same with the talent and ability setup. And the old world gets destroyed…so. Cata isn’t Classic.

2 Likes

Yes. Still hoping for even a single Wrath-ever era realm.

I play retail and enjoy era/SoD. And I would enjoy a Wrath-ever realm.

Cataclysm or beyond as ‘classic’; uninstall for me. Glad for those who want it. “Classic” era servers beyond Wrath I’m not going to bother with. Won’t install or will uninstall if the option for Wrath ever is not presented. I would pay to transfer to an ever Wrath era realm.

1 Like

Speaking for yourself.

I enjoy my ‘museum’ characters that I can return to, to enjoy time to time as I prefer. I still hop on era. I would still hop on an ever-Wrath era as well.

You would be thinking more of a ‘seasonal’ type server perhaps? But era servers? I simply will not (re)play anything Cata or beyond as I consider that basically modern retail WoW. Which I also play but have zero interest in those re-released as ‘classics’ which they simply are not. Call them as they will they simply aren’t no matter how much marketing spin there is placed on them.

Enjoy it if you’re going. Glad for you.

Still want an ever-Wrath era realm. Even with a paid transfer to move to. That’s how much I dislike the concept of going to Cata (again).

3 Likes