Man I'm really gonna miss this game

Just because something was in original Wrath doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it. As it turns out, I don’t. That was no surprise to me.

But what was a surprise to me was that account-wide mounts/achievements was probably what really did it for me. It just completely removed any sort of connection I had felt towards my characters (which is also something I was surprised I cared about! But, as it turns out, apparently I do!).

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

wym wrath was the same theres no damp, i played a 30 min rdru assa vs uh dk priest and my rdru afkd out logged lol

1 Like

content in cata was more difficult, you can’t just yolo through everything which made the game more fun imo. the addition of RBGs and the class balance of PVP made every class able to participate.

2 Likes

See this is what i was thinking, i saw op say cata 2v2 lasting 45 mins and immediately thought that’s how it is in Wrath. Dampening fixes that. Op must not have played much 2v2 in wrath…

1 Like

Dungeons at max level were definitely better. Wasn’t a huge fan of Halls of Origination, but the rest were awesome.
PvP, apparently, was at it’s best during Cataclysm.
Tier 11 was great.
Tier 12 is one of the best tiers every created.
Tier 13 - most of it was good. Just Spine fight doesn’t really compare to the epicness of LK encounter.

And tier 13 lasted too long…which was really only about 6 weeks longer than ICC.

Cataclysm wanted to be hated by a lot of people. Despite other factors.

To me, it’s just a better version of Wrath. But of course, only time will tell you how you feel about it.

4 Likes

well put for sure

dungeon finder just made the world such an easier thing to face, i had 10 85s in cata lol

ty did appreciate u

Probably why ppl say it was bad cause it was too hard compared to WoTLK. also cause the world changed only things I’ve seen why ppl don’t like it.Cata was my 1st actual xpac and I had so much fun everything felt great.

3 Likes

agreed, peoples reactions times back in the day weren’t great. i feel like today we’ve evolved to much faster reaction times so people will enjoy the difficulty a lot more. for myself spamming gammas is a joke and i almost fall asleep running them. looking forward to something keeping me awake!

3 Likes

it tearing apart the old zones def didn’t sit well with alot of people

1 Like

wrath seriously felt slow motion compared to retail it was quite the revelation, classic ofc i mean

Wotlk is complete garbage its 100% pay to win

2 Likes

People couldn’t even yolo through ulduar hardmodes

ima give it a good go but if hpal is a bad as retail then nope.
also curious how hpriest mp managment is and if disc is still boring as sin to play

also ppl mentioned dungeons are really hard so might be a nightmare with pugs but could be fun

I don’t even know anyone who still does pvp in wotlk. PVP in wotlk other than wintergrasp for easy honor is pretty dead

If you think I havent played much 2v2 well you can look me up, im 2k rating in 2v2 in wrath and played hundreds of games as Resto Druid and the longest game I ever had was maybe 25-30 minutes and those are very rare
Yes I know that 45 minute games DO happen in Wrath however, it’s the exception, not the rule
Whereas, in Cata, if you play healer+dps vs healer+dps it happens so much, every game is going to be 20 minutes or more.

Ask any person who knows about Cata. It’s impossible to 1v1 a healer in Cata, with almost every dps class. Thats the main problem.

Cata need Dampening or some other changes to fix this.

Yea and cata removes drain mana, for one thing, in an expansion before dampening.

I think you’re remembering Mists of Pandaria. Cata is fast paced like wotlk, maybe a little slower. MoP and onward is when everyone was tanky, with self heals, and massive health pools.

1 Like

Mana Burn still in the game until MoP, though.