Malific Rapture

During Legion, the loudest voices wanted shadow bolt back instead of drain soul. That was a good idea and worked out well for everybody.

Any spender can work. Any spender can be bad. It’s just a thing people fixate on when the spec has far bigger problems.

Name one?

Because being a streamer is as easy as setting up a twitch stream. The majority of "content creators are meh at the game at best.

The people that dislike MR isnt because its a spender, its because its not a dot.

That’s the conclusion I’ve come to, too. I always enjoy people saying Rapture should be Rapid Contagion because dots, even if they both boil down to push button for X amount of damage.

Honestly wouldn’t even mind the change if it would just stop the complaints. It’s just noise that drowns out any other issues with the spec.

There are people out there that want the spender to go back to Haunt. :grimacing:

The complaining will continue no matter what Blizzard does. Maybe Soul Harvester will add an alternative playstyle but since its shared with Demo it will involve pets and I am not interested in that.

I am loving what I see with Hellcaller so far.

2 Likes

I would actually like to go back to pandaria with aff, or wod at minimum. Wod had so many good specs that were tons of fun and legion wasn’t kind with the overhauls, some specs were better in legion but as for Affliction, I honestly hate how when legion dropped we were pushed into a builder spender. It didn’t work for aff or destro, and eventually destro got its embers back but aff should not be a builder spender rotation. Our entire focus should be on maintaining dots the way it used to be and soul shards should be utility with soulburn. I think soulburn should be our “spender” but change it up a bit. Use soul burn to empower a dot or make it aoe or to shotgun haunt etc. But we really need to go back to a better design. Not saying to bring back soul tap, frost and fire mages, all 3 currnet warlocks and shadow priests basically ignore mana, thats fine. But dot mechanics don’t work well as is. Especially with RNG shard generation. Anyone else remember effigy? If they’re going to keep it I think drain soul and shadowbolt should generate shards based on dots on the target. RNG resource generation just feels bad, it always has.

this cope is gonna age like milk, just like how “wotlk had the best spec designs” did

WoD specs were extremely boring.

None of this is viable in todays game.

WoD was mostly pruned and watered down MoP design. I still enjoyed some classes but Warlock wasn’t it. They intentionally gutted demo to make room for Demon Hunters and I’ve boycotted the spec since.

MoP Affliction was good because of infinitely soul swapping snapshotted dots a mechanic that hasn’t really existed since. Current version of Soul Swap is so gated and limited in what it can do its sad.

MoP Demo and Destro though… :flushed:

Kalamazi was the most recent one I saw.

3 Likes

That’s funny because Kalamazi hasn’t ever stated he’s hated MR before to my knowledge.

Do you have the clip because the context could be different.

If devs want rapture to stay then IMO they should design the spec around Rapture doing damage and not this weird middle ground that we currently have.

Cause right now this aint it.

His most recent video on Hellcaller, but I’ve heard him mention it before (he tends to come up first for most warlock changes)

It feels like dot based spender works great for spriest. I think the spriest dev should do some cooking for Aff

So you can’t provide a link? You’re also providing zero context as he could have been being sarcastic about some people who don’t like MR. If you can’t provide a clip of him actively saying he doesn’t like MR then you have no basis for your claim.

So play shadow then?

MR originally damage in SL. But people cried that it was doing too much damage and Blizz adjusted the spec to do the same damage but to just have different damage breakdown.

I mean i could but how would my guild get lockcookies and summons? Lol. And am I wrong tho s-priests are killing it, being a dot spec with a dot spender lol.

I remember, i kinda liked Nathria Aff (the talents tree needed some work) but it was a good first step.

Goodness you’re a salty little cracker. The defensiveness says alot. You saying MR is good and well liked with no evidence either doesn’t exactly inspire confidence from anyone.

Maybe you don’t realize that just defensively repeating the same assertion over and over doesn’t change anyone’s mind, except negatively against you.

But maybe you don’t.

4 Likes