Malfurion is probably the wisest leader the alliance currently has

I think it would have been a lot more possible had kael’thalas not become a villian. I imagine malfurion looking at kael’s journey from a hot headed prince into a wise leader like his father and forefathers before him and malfurion realizing great power without guidance is the corrupting factor, and offering himself council as a substitute for his late honored father.

She actually did, she had Kul Tiran ships bombarding the raid and had Kul Tiran soldiers attacking.

1 Like

Again you are extremely misguided if you think jaina could have stopped gul’dan by herself it took the grand magistrate of suramar helping us to stop him, and while she helped her fleet escape she wasn’t mildly annoyed she was on the verge of defeat and had the sense to escape it was not a fight she could have won.

1 Like

And Gul’dan had demons. Plus, Jaina’s fleet was worse than useless: their firepower gave us the means to counter her ice magic. It’s the only reason we were able to survive at all.

How many times must it be said that gameplay=lore? My point is she fought the Horde with other solders so saying she singlehandly stopped the Horde heroes is false.

As for Gul’dan yes he had demons help him, I never denied that, but I’d point out he was summoning said demons.

1 Like

I mean to be quite honest the only reason Gul’dan failed was that he didn’t take us seriously he was so close to his end game he didn’t even see us as a threat, had he not spent the majority of the raid attempting to summon sargeras into illidan’s corpse we would have likely died.

My apologies I see what you’re saying.

1 Like

Like… the felstorm in the giant temple right behind him?

And yes, I know I am arguing for Gul’dan here and poking fun at Jaina for not teleporting people in the other thread. The main problem ties in to both, though: Blizzard just decided not to write Jaina at that point any more.

Plausible. But without Kael’that going villain the Blood Elves wouldn’t be the Blood Elves they are in WoW now, so it’s hard to speculate what the Blood Elves would even be like, because this would really have to go all the way back to Kael’thas never joining Illidan in Outland, since the Night Elves started getting worried about the Blood Elves playing with fel after.

1 Like

Not exactly the only two Key factors that needed to change was kael refusing kil’jaden and returning to quel’ thalas at the behest of the scryers. After that the sunwell could have easily been restored with the same vial that illidan gifted kael’thalas

2 Likes

The Sunwell should have been restored by having the Blood Elves murder the captured Na’aru by tossing her in it, not as part of a noble sacrifice she made. We were cooler when we were ruthless survivalists.

10 Likes

That is a good angle I hadn’t considered, and I like that idea, especially since Scryers are my preferred Shattrath reputation (even though I switched back and forth from exalted with both Scryers and Aldor multiple times for BiS stat purposes… I’ll never go back to those hardcore raiding days…)

1 Like

Ehhh idk I think the whole na’ruu crap should have been cut completely. Like seriously I feel like blood elves basically accepted the equivalent of human Jesus to save themselves from magic addiction. It feels like some weird AA ten step program

1 Like

Still galien here amadis you are one of the extremely small list of night elf rpers that I would outright defend in their knowledge of lore. You never hyperinflate, you’re objective, you make me rethink my point of view and your opinion can change when presented with evidence. Hats off to you man

4 Likes

That’s the nicest thing anyone could say to me, thank you. And I will like your post tomorrow because I’m out of likes again. I hate this system.

7 Likes

Nah man no need you’re one of the few night elf rpers that when I see comment my post I don’t out right cringe. I actually reread the war of the ancients trilogy because of things you stated. If you’re ever looking to run mythics on the horde side hit me up i’ve got a community you might like that runs all above 10s

1 Like

Oh, well dang, that’s super nice of you to offer. No one’s really ever asked me to join them in game before outside of my real life friends. I’m touched. Unfortunately I’ve sworn not to log onto any of my Horde alts until I can level boost them passed BfA’s content because I don’t want them ruined by the bad storyline. But still, that really means a lot that you offered, and that you’ve gotten something out of my posts. Thank you.

1 Like

Bingo. Did people really forget this? Or that crazy storm they summoned… or has that been retconned?

Anyway, good post.

2 Likes

I really love Malfurion but I feel Velen is still supposed to be a wiser leader.

1 Like

That’s the story of Warcraft’s Elves: realizing we’re not cool anymore and these kids don’t respect us.

2 Likes

Not really, the wise decision would have been to not outlaw arcane magic, in the first place, but let the Highborne do what we did on our own, establish rune stones to mask our use of magic and create the Spell Breaker order to police mages. Then establish some sort of Council Government that included both the Lowborne and Highborne.

Together we could have accomplished a lot more, and rebuilt the empire to a state we’d have been ready when/if the Legion returned.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call someone who’s at Saurfangs mercy wise.

He failed his forest. He failed his people. And most importantly he failed his wife now lost to a mad vengeance.

Death would’ve served him better than the ignominy of his current existence.