Malefic Cores, can now not be caught up

Is this saying that it’s still capped to 2 per week? Or is it saying that you can buy 2 from Mother and still EARN 2 per week?

Its kind of confusing me too.

It sounds like you can keep buying them as long as you have the currency up to the current cap.

I would have still preferred the weekly mythic+ and PvP chests over more echo chasing but o well. Now it’s not a time gate since it can be grinder.

They are no longer forcing you into raiding each week for the additional malefic core. You can obtain the echoes for the core no matter what you do end game, whether it be PvE, PvP, or Mythic Plus grinding…

1 Like

Ya but its going to suck due to the mother cycle, going to have to time everything right and grind your face off.

But it will do.

If your cloak hit 15 today, its going to be 26k echos to catch up.

I understand that it isn’t what the majority of players wanted as their time gate, but I still chalk it up as a win that they listened to the players and did something about it that improved it by even a minuscule amount. It means they are at least paying attention.

1 Like

But it’s not a catch up if there is nothing to catch up to. If it was part of BfA since the xpac launch then it’s not a catch up, it’s a base part of the xpac.

Blizzard, to the people that have alts that still need to level their cloaks, can you at least increase your malefic cores gained per week to 3, so those players have a chance to reach the cap in a more reasonable time frame.

It was a catch up mechanic in place so people who came in after the first week could easier CATCH UP to those who had been playing since launch.

The same CATCH UP mechanic that was applied during legion.

This is old content. We are at the end of the life cycle of this expansion. In 6 months this will all be meaningless. My druid will remain 2 cores behind and I don’t care.

It’s still current content for MANY people.

Eh, I just read about today’s hotfix for later, so for 4000 echoes I can catch her up. Not too shabby.

It was my post (with the 4k+ views) that got a Blizzard response to it about the malefic core catch up mechanic. Everyone in this thread redirect yourself to my post that Blizzard is replying in.

Link here: Blizzard! Your Malefic Core Catch up Mechanic is Becoming a Growing Concern For Every Further Week!