Malefic Cores, can now not be caught up

So as of yesterday, with the new Cap raise. A Returning/New Player/Alt just starting their 15 cloak can not catch up pre cap.

Cap will be met, 9/11. Players starting their core farm this week wont hit cap till 9/18. Next week it will be 9/25.

Blizzard something needs done here. This is not a working catch up system.

Edit: Be sure to show your support on the Main post for the Issue.

14 Likes

I… I actually agree.

I have mostly been loathe to suggest increasing the catchup frequency (as I am generally a “limited catchup” person)… That said, when a core component of the patch (the penultimate borrowed power of the end of expack) is in a place where you can’t ever catchup by virtue of nothing else than being late to the party… I think a case can be made for increasing the malefic core drop rate… especially since they can regulate it still week to week.

6 Likes

All content in this game was completed before players ever reached rank 15 and it’s base 50 corruption resistance.

I mean, I have no problem with better catch-up … but what content are players trying to do that requires they have +102 resistance right now? Because I can’t think of anything that does.

Arena. All people are doing is stacking a nonsensical amount of corruption and with every passing week, more people go into the arena with ridiculous things like less than 1 second Chaos Bolts, 5 second hoj’s, so on, and it’s only going to get worse as time goes on.

5 Likes

And how is that a comparison to the average player? Those people who completed content before having +15 cloak are the minorty. Let aloone Mythic N’yalotha, majority is even not AOTC

That’s because it’s not meant to be a catch-up system. It’s a power progression. By raising the corruption resistance, you raise the amount of corruption you can wear, increasing your character’s power while minimizing the negative corruption effects.

Not to say that the malefic cores couldn’t be changed to allow more in a week, but at the end of the day, it’s power progression. Regardless of how much easier you make that progression, it’s going to immediately loop back into the tired argument of “Alts as alts vs Alts as second Mains”

Wasn’t Artifact Power all about power progression too and at the end of Legion they gave you a quest involving the sword to make the weapon overloaded beyond words with AP and stats?

I get what you’re trying to say, but “it’s power progression” doesn’t mean much in this case when the literal expansion before, “power progression” didn’t mean anything at the end then either.

With arena entering a worse, and worse state, and people’s dmg meters showing Gushing Wound as their top dmg by over 20% (and that’s going to get worse as we continue), something should be done. But Blizzard doesn’t care about the arena either, so there’s no real hope there.

Someone explain this to me. Seriously I dont get it. My cloak is rank 15 as of today. I can get 2 cores per week with the lowering of torn pages from 4 to 2 per core. I will hit 125 in 5 weeks which is well ahead of the December release of SL.

Am I missing something?

Well I myself am a PVP player, and PVP is jacked due to Corruption.

Sadly it was never designed to be a catch-up mechanic. For whatever reason Bliz just didn’t want us to play with alts at the end of this xpac… and I don’t get it.

You hit r15 today so your cloak has 50 resistance. The cap is 125 resistance. At 2 malefic cores, thats 13 weeks (rounding up), not 5 weeks.

3 Likes

Its such an annoying problem. My rating is getting a bit farther ahead than some irl friends who recently came back so I’m making a new character to play with them. Firstly, the amount of work involved is insane to gear another toon. Then its timegated as well? Really terrible design.

Aaaaaahhhh. Thanks. That make sense now. Deerrrrrrr.

I feel enlightened.

Thx.

1 Like

Not only timegated by cores.

As a returning from classic player, with 4 returning friends. We have to get essences as well. Some of which come from Azshara. We have to go back and Rerun an old raid, for our healer to get her essence. We have an insane amount of stuff to grind to be competitive, and this on top of that, is just too much.

On the plus side, matches are fast.

We are either going to have a good match against other alts/returning players. Or we will all get 1 shot by the other teams destro lock, and try to get an even match again :).

1 Like

I mean, I have no problem with better catch-up … but what content are players trying to do that requires they have +102 resistance right now? Because I can’t think of anything that does.

Corruptions = LARGEST factor in the game for increasing DPS and sometimes survivability.

The fact that you will permanently be significantly behind a large group of people in terms of power feels bad. To explain one reason this is bad: a huge psychological driving factor to an MMO is the relativity you have towards other players in the world, the competition, where you stand relative to others.

Secondly, if you want to do something like push M+ or PvP, the huge gap in performance will affect you greatly here. I don’t care for PvP this expansion thankfully but I do enjoy M+ and want to keep pushing but no matter what I do I’ll forever be behind and thus won’t be able to push as high unless carried.

Thirdly, forever being behind on say dmg meters in a raid also just feels bad, there’s literally NOTHING you can do to increase your performance or power levels to catch up to another guildy because you have this brick wall between you.

Fourthly, playing an alt feels terrible, it will permanently be even further behind once you get it geared up to 15 cloak.

The treadmill this expansion is broken. If corruptions didn’t factor half or more of your dps it wouldn’t matter as much.

4 Likes

if corruption effects were only minor upgrades, i would not care about it much. like, icing on the cake. but in reality, those boosts like 12% haste per gear piece and such is such a huge performance boost it’s kinda silly how OP they are. people who started at the beginning have a massive advantage to those that came in late.

I hate to be that guy but you’ll know this is a dead system that is already in the trash right.

How about replying to the post that already has thousands of views to help get Blizzard’s attention, than starting another one. smh…

This is actually discouraging new players from even bothering. That’s bad bad bad.

4 Likes

Battlegrounds and arena, where the other players have +102 resistance.