Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

My bad. As far as I knew, getting a corrupted piece was the trigger to the cleansing quest for MOTHER. It does seem bad to gate cleansing behind a lenghty quest, particularly if you have no interest in getting cloak on alts.

2 Likes

There are more than one playstyle which is why Blizz added this OPTIONAL grind. Players who are done can be done, players that want more can play more and get more for a very minimal upgrade.

It’s you players that think you HAVE to have every 1% upgrade available despite the fact that you very clearly don’t need it that are having the hard time grasping that a lot of these “grinds” are 100% optional.

It is weird though. 25 weeks of ticking off that box just to equip another piece of corrupted gear. That is incredibly minimal… It doesn’t even benefit the “hardcore” or whatever we call them for what, 6 months?

After which point they’ll be able to be uber in content that will be irrelevant by then and swiftly thrown out soon after.

Compare that to Legion where we just got mega-boosted artifact weapons like “go nuts fellas!” There was no requirement to have logged on for 6 months beforehand.

3 Likes

It’s just something to do for people that still want to play past a “max” cloak and see gains but it’s clearly minimal and entirely optional. :man_shrugging:

P.S I don’t have a squig :frowning_face: never ran Uldir and by the time I felt like it no one was running them anymore so I’ll just have to wait until next xpac to solo it and get the book.

1 Like

Thank you for the blue post! I wish we got more of these to clear thing up.

Is this limited to one (1) malific core per week or so raiders yet again get an unfair advantage.

Because before then you could be getting much bigger bonuses from the Wrathion questline reconstructing the 3 books. This is the diminishing returns part of the reward curve.

Should be 10 instead of 3, it would still take a good 2 months before you can negate a rank3 stars. At that point who really cares? Who really cares now?

This is a dog doodoo system that completely kills my drive to bother with gear after a certain point. The systems of this expansion has been, arguably, the worst the game has ever seen. It’s not fun, it feels like trying to chain us to resubbing with FOMO (fear of missing out) instead of staying active because the system felt rewarding and pleasing enough to participate in.

I get it, skinner’s box is always skinner’s box but this iteration of it is AWFUL. The first whiff I get of this in shadowlands will tell me to steer clear.

1 Like

That’s their design mentality in general now. Both in the seasons format… and the finance area of selling things. They really push this so much now.

1 Like

lol people trying to ask for suggestions regarding this

when they straight ignore the people asking for account wide essences ever since 8.3 was announced.

Any chance for essences???
Like maybe account wide? Maybe… idk… any simple catch up mechanic for people who already completed it?

How optional is it again, when my gear has been effectively nerfed because of it to give me an “incentive” to do the grind in order to be able to cleanse the corrupted gear I have gotten from world content? How would you feel about an rng factor that would make a certain percentage of your gear unusable?

Clearly you appear to think you are targeting me and my unreasonable demands to be able to equip the gear I get without being killed by it. Yet you also seem to think that as the same time as being a casual who is getting less upgrade gear because of this, I’m a min maxer who wants to get that extra 1%, um, you mean 30-50% maybe? from their gear.

Which is it? Why am I unreasonable for wanting to equip gear upgrades instead of slaving over some content that people are leaving the game over, or vending them out?

It’s “optional” just like essences are “optional”, or upgrading your gear since you turned 120 is “optional”.

I don’t think essences should be account wide. I think upgrade unlocks should be. Once you’ve gotten one and upgraded it, all you would have to do is get the rank 1 on any character and it would automatically upgrade to the highest level any character on your account has.

2 Likes

i would take it without a issue.
Its… pretty insane at the moment for alts.

not the only game that does this kind of garbage practices… several out there and not only mmorpgs…

guys keep it nice. they dont come out here for this specific reason… everytime its mob of pitch forks.
We arnt happy but we still need to be civil.

I like them reusing existing zones; World of Warcraft should be a WORLD, not just a never-ending string of new maps that we spend 2 weeks in while leveling and never interact with again unless forced by an AP-like farming system.

On the other hand, Blizzard really does seem to be trying to find the balance of systems we’ll tolerate, so that they can just reskin them and move them from expac to expac in lieu of creating actual content. “Oh, they don’t like this aspect of the system; tweak it and redeploy it under a new skin.” Eventually, I suppose they’ll either find the perfect inoffensive-enough-to-keep system, or they’ll actually manage to kill the game in their search.

the problem is just simple:

• stop trying to make this game another arpg.

They should go look back in history and see what made people like their game… what elements, what things they should understand why going against players with things such as no account wide essence and the stubborness of keeping rep grinds as their only mechanic to hold players.

FUN mechanics, not mechanics designed to burn people out…

several things they should have listened and maybe this expansion had some better life but no it will be remember at it’s lowest compared to wod.

1 Like

All I read is “Hey guys, more bottomless grinding”

1 Like

You’re unreasonable because your *****ing about gear you don’t even need.

If you’re not in the mood to get the cape then your not doing content that needs… well any gear really so whatever you can equip should suffice for the most basic of content that you’re doing.

Second, this topic is about the entirely optional grind after your cape is max level. You’re the one trying to change the topic to be about your own personal issues.

And yes, essences are optional. Most content can be cleared without any essences or default yellow/blue fireball. It’s only higher end content (like heroic raids or mythic 10+) that actually need essences and even then you only need BiS essences if you’re a mythic raider, high end pvper or pushing high m+… which, if you’re not bothering to get the cape, you’re clearly not doing.