Maldraxxus Warriors?

Seriously, are there ANY warriors in here that went Maldraxxus?

Despite having some of the coolest looking transmogs and being thematically perfect for Warriors, the class ability is just awful…

I’m hoping there are none or very few , so that Blizzard may feel a need to rework the class ability.

4 Likes

This is my time to shine!

4 Likes

I would swap back to Necrolord in a heartbeat if they reworked the ability

9 Likes

I think id swap too. Their transmog has always been my favorite since day one. Just wish the ability had a bit of a rework. Or some tlc in general if it has to be a banner.

1 Like

What are your experiences when you roll around with necrolord? Sounds like you been necro for a while. What would be your own personal QOL changes that you wish you had?

Also what are some pros and cons you’ve experienced so far both via pvp and pve content.

Honestly, its cripplingly bad. It has directly contributed to my increasing downtime and lack of interest in the game.

Fleshcraft is worse in nearly every respect than kyrian, and the increased mobility from soulshape would also be nice.

I like to do a mix of random pvp and low level mythics, historically m10-12.

I LOVED the NF stomp for burst damage in both of those contents. Venthyr is also nice for the steady damage.

Banner sucks. Thats all there is to it. I have little hope they will change it. I got the mog. I got the mini pet. I got the mounts.

My account ends first of march. Oh well. Frees up some time for other stuff.

I’ll come back next december if they’ve fixed some of these systems/anima gains.

If they havent I’ll probably come back the last month of the xpac to get pathfinder unlocked.

3 Likes

https://media.tenor.com/images/59e527cec7d8e395d0475f96df7ca7a4/tenor.gif

4 Likes

Both fleshcraft and banner have design features that directly conflict with the modern game.

Fleshcraft takes forever, roots me, and provides little benefit during actual fights.

Banner has a long CD, a mix of defensive/offensive/group utilities along with a stacking buff tied to a small space.

You really have to know fights well in pve to avoid having a boss drop aoe at his feet and utterly neuter your banner.

In pvp its even worse, as people rarely are so kind as to let you tee-off on them in the same spot for 10 seconds straight.

2 Likes

I had to switch to another covenant since I felt I could have done more for my mythic+ group. Not only Venthyr helped out a lot for my single target damage for bosses and key targets, but I was able to swiftly complete my twisting corridor runs.

I loved the armor and I do like the Banner’s supportive role, but I felt like I wasn’t getting much value out of it compared to other covenants.

It sucks starting out a new covenant, but the grind wasn’t that bad. Doing the covenant campaigns that I’m not interested sucked the most tbh, but once they buff Necrolord Warriors, I’ll definitely swap back. Love that covenant

2 Likes

While leveling my warrior I had planned on going Venthyr but as soon as the Necorlord part of the story started I knew I would be going Necrolord. Despite knowing it was the worst choice. They can’t make something this COOL but this BAD.

6 Likes

Since 9.0 is pretty much complete, you may have time to switch other covenants to get a feel for them til next major patch if you’re ever curious. Your Necrolord progress will be saved just in case you ever want to rejoin.

That’s pretty much what I figured to do since it’s going to be a bit til 9.1 comes out.

**And man, I loved the story and region of the Necrolords. Venthyr area is alright. Gameplay wise of condemn is pretty much the reason why I picked it. Might switch to Kyrian afterwards.

Yes we exist. Also its bad, but its not that bad.
They’ll probably buff it next tier.

2 Likes

I went against one in 2v2. I usually lose against wars but when I saw he was mald, I pretty much knew we were going to win and we did. It simply can’t compete with the other 3. It should’ve been a dmg ability imo, plenty of material to make a sick mald themed dps CD but they’re not going to rework it at this point so it’s kinda a wasted breath discussion

I did, collected the mog then changed. I really hope it gets a rework, I’d swap back in a heart beat.

What would an opener be for necrolord warrior? I feel like you just get left behind from the very start. At least with vent, you spam handful of condemn to get on top of the board before you finally get passed by other classes after the condemn window passes. Necrolord has nothing that I can see.

The single best moment of my leveling experience was being thrown into the Theatre of Pain, slaughtering 100s of enemies, being crowned champion, and instantly earning respect and honor with the Maldraxxi. Man, that was so badass, and just PERFECT for the warrior vibe…

Its such a shame the ability is so terrible that the covenant is unplayable :frowning:

3 Likes

I agree 100% when I first came from the Disney hercules land to this, it was like a 180 degree shift from bright colors to the DOOM over world of gladiator proportions that has a menu of death, fighting, more death, more fighting, and a side of death to wash the rest down. I definitely was super interested. Plus their npc were pretty cool looking and had some great dialogue. Baroness Draka was also pretty cool too in her own way. I wasn’t able to get attached to the other covenant npc and story.

2 Likes

It looks like a fury warrior opener without condem. Macro banner with reck, and get to work.

I have a feeling we will find Varian in maldraxxus. You can’t keep a good gladiator down.

1 Like

Not a Necro on any of my warriors because the banner is just so useless. It’s not a fun button to press and does so little because the area is too small. Just make the area huge.

On a side note, as undead the boots look stupid. I hate the clunky micky mouse mogs and that’s 3 of the four covenants. At least there are more boots that fit the aesthetic of Necrolord than there are that fit the completely incompatible Nightfae set.

Probably going to change my undead to furries just to hide the toes on as many boots as possible, since that’s the design trend the past couple expansions.

I thought about doing this…but I cant shake the feeling thats the design intent.

Since regrinding content improves their KPIs.

I deal with that kind of circuitous logic at work all the time. It makes the game feel MORE like a job and less like a game.