Making Second Account

Hi there,

I currently have two accounts. When I load the B.Net launcher I load my first account (main one), then I load the second account from the drop down menu (bank alt account). I have no issues doing this.

However, with the RaF rewards I’d like to open another account for my bank alt and let my current bank alt account expire.

How can I do this and get the new bank alt account to appear on the drop down menu when I load the B.Net app? I tried referring myself but it made a whole new account. I don’t want to have to log out of the app to log into each one. I much prefer it the way it is now just selecting the drop down menu under account and selecting each one.

Basically, I’m looking to have two WoW accounts under my one Battle.Net account.

Thanks!

You can have up to EIGHT separate World of Wacraft accounts on the same Battle.Net account. You can add new accounts in the Blizzard shop.

This is the page verifying the claim that you can have several accounts on one Battle.net.

2 Likes

When you use the Recruit a Friend link you should be prompted to either create a new Battle.net or log into an existing one.

From there you’ll be prompted to select a qualifying WoW license (if you have one) or create a new one.

As Christmasday mentioned you can have up to 8 licenses on a single Battle.net account.

2 Likes

Thank you both for the reply.

Vrakthris, I followed your instructions. I copied the link given from my Recruit A Friend link and when I went to that page it told me my accounts were ineligible.

When I clicked “Accept Your Invitation” at the bottom, it takes me to a page with a big exclamation mark in a box, and a link to a support article.

Is Christmasday correct in that I cannot do this for my own account?

And if so, will I be able to merge accounts if I make a separate one? Just to make it easier to log into both without having to log into two different B.Net accounts.

Thank you.

This is inaccurate. You can refer your own accounts, even if they are on the same Battle.net account.

4 Likes

No, you can recruit yourself.

After you have selected the option to log into an existing Battle.net account, it will list your available WoW licenses, giving you the option to select any that are eligible.

At the bottom of that list though is the option to “Create new Game Account”. That creates a new Starter Edition on the Battle.net account that is logged in, which will be linked through that Recruit a Friend link.

Did you scroll down to that option?

4 Likes

Thank you so much Vrakthris. That was the issue - I hadn’t selected “Create new Game Account.” The account now shows up on my launcher and I can upgrade it from a starter account to a real one. Thanks for the help :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Yup! Forgot to remove that part.