Making my account active

just here to make my account active

Active in what sense? Forum and in-game activity have different requirements.

i think they’re doing that thing where posting in one of the support areas reminds the forum that your account is active, so you can post in other sections of the forum.

this hasn’t been working for me recently… i need to log out and back in again to get the forum to recognize my account is active.

1 Like

In order to log to warcraftlogs you have to have an active forum account, mine is super out of date and has “no activity” trying to update my character to 70, not 62 so I can start logging

And you don’t have to post at all if you read the instructions.

Simply switching to the character you are trying to claim is enough be considered active.

Plus, even if you did need to post to be active; CS is not the place to do so. There are entire threads of people needlessly replying to be considered “active”.

1 Like

well lets see if it works, seeing the same problem

1 Like

I did read the instructions but I liked about 10 posts and then after 24 hours I checked my account activity and it said “not active” so I made a post and now it says active but my character is not updating. It’s obviously not working so people are trying more things

The forums basically update on it’s own time table, not anyone else.

2 Likes

Same here, will try this.

Logging off and back onto the forums will not make a WoW account active.
The main thing that influences an account going active is the amount of time it takes. For your bank to provide confirmation of payment.

The active account, however, may not instantly notify the forum as soon as it becomes active again. In that case, logging off and back. Into the forums a couple of times may result in it getting an fresh account status.

TLDR:The forum doesn’t activate an account.
An Activated account updates The forum status eventually.

2 Likes

Most of the sites outside of WoW pull information from the Armory. I just usually pull up my character in the Armory and then refresh it to make sure it has the most current data.

Please note that this was from a widespread bug that was a major issue…last year.

It was resolved. If there is some new issue that has cropped up? It needs to be posted in the appropriate forum. Not by necroing an old thread.

2 Likes