Make the Mage Tower Challenging So We Can EARN the ORIGINAL Appearances

Speak of the devil, the “limited-time” core hound is up on my realm today <3

https://imgur.com/a/rzyduF8

Don’t worry, much like Guardian Druid the artifact appearance was halfassed.

Youtubers Taliesin and Evitel’s new video discuss this and Taliesin is of the same of the same opinion as OP, but contends that the rewards will be the T20 stuff.

while they don’t discard the old ones to be there, and they find it fair they’d be there*

Were the MT skins "limed time"or “exclusive”?
I cant recall the wording but I felt at the time that if you missed out on the opportunity then you missed out.

I do feel bad for those who are new to the game and will not get a chance at these.
Was there some kind of caveat like: “Once the expansionʻs ends we will be removing them as obtainable skins”

1 Like

Take mine away and give them to someone else , for every spec i did them for …

Im tired of this wow prestige over pixels instead of actually being open to let others have a chance , really take mine away forever and give them to a 100 players for each spec i ran it for .

1 Like

The results are in and …
This is perfect.

Players who want the challenge and didn’t play in legion for whatever reason win.

Players who did complete the challenge in legion have motivation to complete it again for the new reward.

Players who want to keep the unique transmog from legion win.

Players who want a new transmog from a solo challenge win.

Everyone one wins!

2 Likes

I agree - though I think recolours of the original appearances across the board would have been a better compromise - but such as it is - seems pretty cool - and a new mount to go for also.

1 Like

Which mount are you referring to?

This one - a flying book.

1 Like

Or the Black quiraji wartank. Or making the old ZG mounts obtainable outside BMAH. Ditto for plagued proto as well as bringing black one back. Or the Hand of A’dal/Champion of Naaru titles. or the limited-attemps mount of ToC from wotlk, or any AoTC mount or the previous season mounts of M+.

I understand some people’s desire, but they gave they word and don’t want to go back at it. I would be silly to go back at it and not bring back other stuff. I missed all of the above or don’t have it on my current account yet i’m not here complaining every single time on forums. Either deal with it or if you get the devs to bring back, also allow others a fair shot at other removed stuff too instead of just one selective bit.

So about those Mage Tower threads popping up every day…

:joy: :joy: :joy:

This is funny, that would fall under the borrowed power aspect of the expansion which was gameplay design that started back in MoP and a new one every xpac since. It’s unrelated to the challenge, and the questline was 6 or 7 brain dead quest that a person living in an iron lung could do it todays with limited play.

I would have to agree, they technically got what they wanted. Yet still complain.

2 Likes

Eat more veges

Since Blizzard has stuck a “Complete all 36 challenges in Legion Timewalking” Feat of Strength to the PTR, what are your thoughts on them attaching the appearances as a reward for the FoS? Seems like a good compromise to me: “You can have your skins if you put in the time and effort for them so we don’t diminish player efforts”

1 Like

The challenges were literally balanced around the borrowed power aspect of the expansion :laughing:

2 Likes

They were actually balanced around item level. :laughing:

Borrowed power had nothing to do with it, since by that time, just regularly playing the game as a casual you’d have had a full talented artifact. :laughing:

You do realize that borrowed power is static growth right it’s definitely not challenging at all.

The turd keeps coming back up for a reason. It is a floater.

Rather than keep flushing and expecting the same results, Blizzard needs to break it up and deal with the mess and elitist backlash once and for all.

Give people the original appearances, and never make FOMO floaters again.

Sounds good to me. The FoS might end up being quite a commitment and challenge, and it would be a shame for it not to have a cosmetic reward attached to it.

1 Like