Make STEADY SHOT instant!

Why not?

IQ here says its dumb to cast that worthless ability!

BM has instant COBRA SHOT, so since STEADY SHOT does almost garbage damage, it should also be instant!

2 Likes

Agreed.
insta steady shot would reduce a lot of the tedium from MM.

1 Like

I’m fine with this but its also a focus regen spell so idk

2 Likes

I’m down with this change.

1 Like

And?
we actually need better focus regen.

3 Likes

An instant cost, at range, Focus generator, with no cooldown?

Next you’ll tell me we should remove the cooldown from Barbed Shot

1 Like

sure put a cd on it, make the damage as bleed overtime like BS idc… but having to cast this ability makes the spec extremely boring to play.

also this has nothing to do with BS losing its CD as this is about a MM change only.

but less than 90% of the hunters take SS in PVP cause its worthless. its a dead ability. I dont even take it in PVE and I have no focus problems.

1 Like

Steady shots damage is irrelevant.
its just a focus generator that feels terrible to cast.
making it instacast would make our downtime less painful.

Downtime = bad, idc.

2 Likes

Ranged DPS have cast times and downtime. That’s kind of the whole trade off of being at range

2 Likes

Yeah, no.
take your trashtakes elsewhere, buddy.

2 Likes

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t make it a “trash take”, buddy. :wink:

1 Like

You clearly don’t play hunter, not in a competitive or relevant level anyways.
class is busted, it needs bold changes.

1 Like

I really don’t think the developers want ranged DPS to be extremely mobile with instant casts. BM is the outlier and that is its whole shtick.

This only shows that you legit DONT PLAY HUNTER.
Steady shot is a cast, but you can move while you do it.
So, making it instant won’t change a damn thing in terms of mobility, it will only smooth out a downtime ridden rotation.

1 Like

dont waste ur time man he’s gonna go arguing all night long

Pretty sure the intention is that all non-BM ranged DPS has downtime with casts.

Downtime is bad game design in any class.
this game needs to elimitate it.

Ranged DPS would have to have downtime the way the game is built and played now, otherwise there is no “drawback” to being ranged.

And there shouldn’t be.

1 Like

I was lobbying a while ago that steady shot fir survival should regenerate focus. As marksman, its your only focus regenerator. Not sure about beastmaster. But its for sure a needed shot for marksman.

Would love to see it regen focus for survival.

As SV i always wind up with a steady shot and follow with arcane shot right after, like a 1-2 punch.
SV bow work would feel SO much better if steady shot had focus regen. Im an avid bow user as survival, would love to see this change.
If it regens focus for MM why not SV???