Make slime cat available for LFR

Pretty absurd to lock a cosmetic item behind normal raiding just to try and get people to buy carries. Especially during what is supposed to be end of expansion downtime where most guilds are pretty empty. A lot of mount collectors like myself would want this but are mainly solo or lfr players. For me it’s mainly due to social anxiety as in lfr i don’t have to interact with the others in group. Friendship groups will not work on this for 30 bosses.

30 Likes

The slime cat since it was announced was said to be achievable on any difficulty, which has always included LFR. They need to change this and let everyone go earn this mount on the difficulty of their choice. Raiders already have their heroic/mythic mounts, LFR raiders should have a mount to go after as well.

15 Likes

What I don’t understand is why they won’t do it for LFR since it’s only a few pixels added to the account. It’s not like it’s a physical item that would cost them to provide it to the players. It’s just PIXELS. But it’s whatever. I don’t even plan to get the kitty. I have enough mounts that I use regularly. It’s not one that I would use.

4 Likes

You can do that without an unnecessary and redundant reply.

4 Likes

You don’t have enough flags to flag the entire forum, mate, but good luck with that.

As to the topic at hand, I agree. There’s no reason at all to lock the LFR population out of the slime cat.

10 Likes

Yeah it was a terrible decision.

I have a hard time getting in pugs because I don’t M+ a lot so my ilvl isn’t super inflated.

5 Likes

There’s also a title that people can get. So make the title Normal+ and let people get the mount on any difficulty like it should be.

8 Likes

This is the most out of touch part of his comment. Friendship runs work for the ATOC mounts because they only require ONE boss. It’s easy to phase people in and out and repeat killing the same boss. Running people through three complete raids over thirty bosses is not going to happen. The funy little quip is completely moot.

2 Likes

They have delusions. It is almost like they don’t play the game.

4 Likes

yeah not too pleased about this. it sounds like its going to be a limited time thing too, which sucks considering it was originally in the running to be a free mount. I dont mind the mage tower as much because i know its not going away but now there is a time crunch. I don’t like raiding and finding a group to work with my schedule for 30 bosses instead of chopping them up into smaller time bites in lfr is frustrating.
guess i get to drop stupid amounts of gold on a carry.

4 Likes

This post baffles me. What is the point of the achievement/mount if it’s just “log in and receive mount”. I would think that the fact that this isnt just another heroic only mount (as per usual) and it being attainable on normal would have a positive reaction from the majority of players. If they make this attainable in LFR are we then going to show up next time with pitchforks demanding they give the new mount to us for just logging in?

Nobody is “locked” out of anything. Everyone has access to the raid. Its similar to every previous heroic/mythic only mount but this one is even easier to attain.

1 Like

I think that would be unfair to the raiders to give the cat through LFR since its so easy and requires no organized effort

2 Likes

It’s a raid reward, and LFR isn’t raiding. It’d be silly to offer the reward in LFR. At least with normal you have to put in a little bit of effort. If it was available in LFR you may as well just award the mount on first log-in in your mailbox.

1 Like

No thank you. Having it in normal is easy enough already.

2 Likes

Starting yet another “I want rewards for AFK’ing through LFR” post with this absolute tin foil hat level conspiracy statement immediately invalidates your post.

2 Likes

Have you ever actually done LFR? It is way more of a pita than Normal ever was.

The only “effort” that people want to avoid is the toxicity of an “organized” group of pugs.

1 Like

If that is true, surely it should be easy to get the mount on normal instead then?

1 Like

“looking for raid” means “keep looking because there aint no real raiding here”

Anything that you can log in to and have over half the raid afk and still clear is not by any stretch real raiding. Real raiding requires some coordination and skill.

Normal is really, really easy. You just have to actually play your character.

2 Likes