Make Shaman Great Again!

You’re already reverting enhancement to a mop playstyle. Bring back searing totem as a buff to your lava lash. Shamanistic rage too. Make mana relevant again! Allow enhance to choose between 2h and dualwield!
Where is rockbiter and frostbrand imbues? Why are we only getting 2 back? Frostbrand imbue is what we have currently with frostbrand attack. Frost shock is nice but had a cd. Wheres earthshock? We have earthen spike which feels like earthshock but it competes with Ascendance!! Wtf is up with retail class balancing these days?

4 Likes

I agree we need Earth Shock back, we gave flame and frost shock back. We also need a better visual for Windfury and buff to windfury’s damage.

But we are one of the most hated by blizzard so yea.

Windfury would do amazing damage if we could wield 2handers again

True but according to Ion who also said warlocks should not play demonology, that after dw was given to Enhancement Shamans that we were playing Enhancement Shamans wrong if we used 2h.

Windfury is our unique bit and it should do more dps than it does.

God, i can’t wait for classic TBC

Well i will be torn. Paladins will have seals back but Enhancement is also good so.

The great thing about tbc was choice. You could play whatever you wanted.

This is true. I wish Shamans had a tank spec. I would never change classes if it had a 4th spec for tanking. I will have to say i need to play the alliance side as I have only been horde since i started playing in vanilla.

I made a troll shaman on classic cuz i wanna see how capable i can play as a tank.

well in vanilla there are videos of Shamans tanking as enhancement as a lot of our abilities give threat. I should clarify that i mean classic wow. Back in vanilla one of old guildes that spit up we had our shaman tank all of mc.

Paladins have a lol rotation but alot of flavorful skills especially when fighting demons or undead. They really are the best healers in pvp.

Well thry also were not combo point based like they are now with holy power. I hate holy power and I would return seals to paladins.

And accomplish what, exactly? You could meme 2H for PvP, but it was definitely suboptimal if you wanted to do progression raiding. You used the raid build, you got the raid gear, and nothing was really different.

If you just kind of bounced around the world it might have felt like you could play whatever you wanted, but it was also a time where very few had the tools necessary to sim and min/max. Maybe people raided as 2H Enh, but they were hampering their group.

As far as the OP, I think you’re asking for far too much, and I don’t think many of those things are what make Shaman “great”.

1 Like

Alot of modern classes have a combo point system. Im glad maelstrom is being removed because it made us a silly warrior.

2handers was not a meme. It was best for pvp.

Also you do realize that people can play any talent build they want for raiding or pvp.

Casual raiding has always existed. Not everyone cares about doing leet dps. More people on classic care more about parses than downing bosses. And this is not vanilla. Classic is using 1.12 itemization on raids that werent tuned for it. Its easy mode. As long as the boss dies who cares? Not me.

This is your opinion. Other people have different opinions on what make classes feel great to them. I agree with the op that we should get what was taken back. And you know there were plenty of Enhancement shamans using 2h for pvp and pve.

Yea a lot of classes have combo points. Doesn’t make it a good system. Just means blizzard is restricting their abilities behind a build it spend it system like they did to Shamans for 2 expansions.

For example look at rogues they have had combo points since vanilla but their dps is based on how many points they use in a finisher. Paladins do not have that option they have to build combo points and use 3 for tv and ds. So blizzard is not giving any interactions with their combo points only that they have to have 3 to use an one of those abilities. Not to mention other abilities that also require combo points like justicars vengeance and WoG, even thoughthe last two are talents they still require hp to use. So no i do not like the holy power and chi system.

In that case, the great thing about BfA is choice. You can play whatever you want!

Yeah. That’s what we’re doing. Sharing opinions. I couldn’t have made the fact that it was my personal opinion clearer.

1 Like

i like how enhance is on alpha except for forceful wilnds that needs to go and they can flat buff windfury damage.

ion already said no 2hd for enhance and searing totem was useless.

3 Likes

This is fake news because talents dont offer much difference in actual gameplay and you cant use 2handed weapons.

Talents create far more variation in gameplay than the old trees did for an Enh build. You press all the same buttons in TBC whether you focus Ele as a secondary and buff up fire totems/shocks, or you go Resto for the 3% hit and mana conservation when dropping totems (which you do a lot when twisting or utilizing magma/nova totems).

Either way, swapping minor buffs to abilities when 75+% of your damage is auto attacks/WF is a pretty strong illusion of choice.

You can equip 2H in BfA, you just can’t Stormstrike or Lava Lash. I thought you didn’t care about leet dps? Also, 2H and DW effectively played the same, with all the same buttons. You just saw bigger numbers with 2H WF and could skip out on some talents in the Enh tree.