Make Preach a game thats like overwatch with raids

I’ll take things preach never asked for for 600 Alex!

This is stupid.

A) You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to understand how Overwatch was used as an extreme example of game performance being prioritized over identity. Correct direction but exaggerated magnitude for the sake of illustration.

B) Even if you disagree with Preach he’s a great voice to have in the community. The goal should not be to exclude him or people like him from the game.

It’s not a simple topic. Things like covenants would make for a richer RPG by allowing players to differentiate themselves another step further than race/class/spec/etc. At the same time the majority of players are concerned with their own performance to at least some degree. The goals of both sides of this argument are important. Add into the mix Blizz’s history of “balance” and you can see how people may feel differently about this.

1 Like

A bit dramatic. You can change covenants. You can’t swap them for every fight in the raid, then for dungeons, then again for PvP. Kind of like an adult who’s chosen a career.

This will help level the playing field, as pvpers will take the covenant that benefits them most, while raiders and M+ junkies will have to optimize in their chosen fields.

That’s not what I look for in games. I choose a job and stick with it for a while because I have to to practically be able to get paid. Not because its what I do on my leisure time. That’s why they have to pay people to do it.

What you have just described is the opposite of leveling a playing field. It’s creating more variance. It’s like you are trying to make a field flatter by digging a hole in it.

Shhhhhhhhh

Is creativity not your thing?

I don’t play Overwatch but the PVE thing would get me interested :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t be asked to put up with the crowd in games like Overwatch anymore. Maybe when I was younger and used to play CS 1.5 or whatever.

Maybe some are taking the comparison too literally and getting super angry or annoyed by it.

Pvpers always decry the fact that they’re out geared by raiders in the arena. This will help even the playing field.

Not if they raid with pvp covenant it will only create more disparity