Make monks great again

Just give us the ability to move while channeling soothing mist and we gucci

3 Likes

then monks would just find another thing to complain about

3 Likes

Uh, how is that going to help? Just makes it harder for us to cancel it when we need to.

We want something to press during a stun so that we don’t automatically die in one when our trinket is on CD.

2 Likes

try:
/stopcasting paired with your other spells

same way that mages have to stop their casts to kick, monks have to stop fists to kick etc, warriors cancelling sweeping strikes to stop CC breaks

also you cant give a class insane mobility and stun break/save

no amount of buffs will help mw, they need a full on rework.

i dont think i’ve seen a spec in this sorry of a state in the entirety of the game. both atrocious in pve and pvp. wild

1 Like

:thinking:

Want to rethink that statement?

I guess you’re right. Mistweavers should just flop over the moment their trinket is on CD with no counterplay. Working as intended!

2 Likes

Playing MW in PvP is the equivalent of the Gingerbread Man vs. Clint Eastwood.

1 Like

My suggestion was very similar to the OP’s. I think the monks need to be able to move & roll during Soothing Mist (yes you will have to make a stop casting macro, or maybe it should only work while walking, so jumping/roll will cancel it if that’s even possible). On top of that Cocoon needs to be able to be used during stun. But to offset this, while moving healing spells (not including soothing Mist) should do reduced healing.

Dying during stun is a major issue, but the class over all feels very clunky b/c it’s all casted. And you have to find a way to improve their defensives which is their mobility.

This is something I can get behind.

But I’ve never felt that I needed the ability to cast on the move as a Mistweaver, and don’t see what problem it’s supposed to solve.

I think for me it’s the lack of defensives they have. So since they don’t have many defensive CD’s i think mobility (casting while moving) would be a huge one for them. But this is just my opinion.

You’re describing how it use to work. Roll and stop cast would stop ancient monastery uhhhh arts?

I’ll think that restatement once you can you give any form of actual reason why they should have it.

You’re supposed to use the mobility toolkit available to avoid the stuns in the first place.

How does one avoid a stun from a stealth class? Or an instant ranged stun? Can’t hide from what you can’t see.

And there are already classes which have both insane mobility and stun breaks / saves / immunities. That’s why I asked if you wanted to rethink your original statement.

1 Like

very one-dimensional thinking,
and the effort to convince you otherwise is not worth it on my behalf

https://media.giphy.com/media/jpVhEQCWILN56iaTeJ/giphy.gif

Lol. No, please. Do explain.

1 Like

ok since you made your claims first, list the classes that have what you mentioned above (and since the OP is talking about MW, keep it to healers for continuity)

You and I both know that Mistweavers are the most mobile healers, so for you to set that restriction, no argument can be made.

So what I’ll do instead is talk about what other healers can do while inside a stun.

Holy Paladin has Divine Protection, a 20% wall on a 1 minute CD. Also has Divine Shield / Blessing of Protection. All usable while stunned, and can be rotated with their PvP trinket.

All Priests have a passive 30% wall when struck by melee. Discipline Priest can use Pain Suppression on any target while stunned - a 40% damage reduction on a 3 minute CD.

I don’t think you need for me to go over what Restoration Druids have. Even stunning them won’t stop their existing HoTs from ticking away. (Barkskin 20% wall on a 1 minute CD, usable while stunned).

Never played Restoration Shaman, but I’d imagine that their toolkit mirrors what the other healers have.

Mistweavers have… Fortifying Brew on a 3 minute CD that, while strong, can’t be used while stunned. We have nothing to protect ourselves while sitting a stun. You’re saying this is fair? “Oh, it’s the price you pay for having high mobility, you just get to insta-die if you get caught in a stun you couldn’t avoid while your trinket is on CD”.

how do you go from ‘insane mobility’ to ‘wah my class doesn’t have all these stunbreaks, ignore mobility btw lol’

i didnt get past ur first sentence

Because YOU set that condition on the argument. You knew that your statement would be proven to be false if I could talk about Warriors, Rogues, Rets, Druids, and Mages.

“lol”

EDIT: Oh, and I main Disc Priest, btw.