Make leveling matter again

go play classic if you want this.

1 Like

World Quests, Dungeons, Dailies (that still exist), Weeklies, open world events, uhhh
 There are a lot of things that can be done for EXP if you are somehow done doing everything.

2 Likes

weeklies-can only be done ONCE A WEEK.
open world events-arent always up.
dungeons-reward minimal experience. almost as much as a couple quests.
world quests-aren’t those only once every couple hours?
dailies-I mean i guess. but those are once every 24 hours.
your also ignoring the fact that no other mmo does this sort of thing for a reason
it’s way too time and resource intensive.

When in this or really any mmo did leveling matter besides a road to the game at the end?

With the exception of maybe EverQuest I don’t recall a time where I can legit say I wasn’t pushing the most efficient way to the end.

Leveling is - in my opinion and from my experience - a way to set the stage lore wise, introduce you to new mechanics or changes with the expansion.

I’m not eying to discount your opinion I just don’t see anytime where it mattered.

This seems to be like the whole maga thing where you ask when it was great and you can count 100 people with 100 ideas and none of those ideas add up or make sense to anyone that doesn’t have a rose tinted spectacle to wear.

1 Like

That’ll happen when different people have different opinions!

Some kind of adjustability would probably be ideal.

I doubt even those with 24/7 free time could do Legion + BfA + Shadowlands + Dragonflight world quests. And this isn’t even counting the fact dynamic events happen in Shadowlands and even more in Dragonflight on a daily basis.

Even if you had a 1% EXP modifier on, you’d struggle to do all of that in a week let alone a day lol.

They could remove it entirely and the majority of the playerbase would rejoice.

We can only dream

There’s a very good reason. The majority of the playerbase wants to do endgame content, not rp walk around doing quests.

I found the problem. This is a competitive pve, instanced based game now. I sincerely think you would be much happier in one of the 27 versions of classic

It’s an MMO. Not an RPG, there are RPG stuff into it. But that’s hardly their main goal. With the amount of bloat and all the other cutoff stuff, they don’t want to put resources into it cause most of the pop just wants to hit max lvl where FOMO happens for said xpac.

I don’t disagree with you about lvling and exploring being more interesting, but the amount of content is so vast, if people don’t hold xp and just do random stuff you will hit max lvl at one point with the syncing system.

Most people already consumed the previous xpacs, for new players you can hit max lvl then go back and solo it all. If you want groups for it the only option is to sync, find people wanting to RP or learn the ropes on classic.

The biggest issue here is how long the game have been up and how “tedious” most classes are witouth a full talent tree, but this isn’t a now problem, this have been like this ever since the game was out with 60 lvls and from 1-10 or 10-30 is just a tediou 2 spell boring grind.

There’s so much repetable content with the same lvl of difficulty at one certain point people will even care about doing at this point in the game life.

So, just to touch on this
 PvP has been and will continue to be somewhat secondary/niche content. On top of that, twinking/low level PvP is kind of a niche of PvP. So it’s a niche of a niche.

Leveling takes no time at all, buying a boost is a waste of money lol

1 Like

That’s a nonsense argument. You can hate pvp and I agree with it’s dead in this game but because blizzard treats it as a check mark feature on the game rather than real content.

But the reason being is unfair unless you no life pvp? What does that mean? People no life mythic raiding then dump on those new to raiding especially in LFRs , kicking them for the simplest of mess ups or “your dps is low” ITS LFR! Get over yourselves. But if some enjoys pvp and they play that all the time thus they gain skill — it’s bad then? No mythic raiders get a pass but not skilled pipers? lol what kind of logic is that?

They made leveling quicker because everybody wanted it to be quicker.

I think the mobs need to be tuned so they actually kill you but per mob kill Xp should be raised so the increased difficulty doesn’t result in slower leveling,

I’m opposed to brain dead leveling with zero attention being required but I also don’t want the leveling to be slow:

Can I go into a RBG and do the same damage as everyone else as a fresh 70?

The answer is no. PvP should be fair, as in my spell has the same CD and damage output as yours, like my Auto rifle has the same damage as yours in Halo: CE.

In MMO PvP however, it all comes down to who has the better gear, IE who has the most time to waste in the mode for the currency.

Gearing for pvp has never been easier, like i see what you are trying to argue, but gear wise it hasnt been better than now.

Class balance in pvp can be a mess though

I am so sick and tired of hearing that.

“Oh yea its easy bruh, just go and get frustrated at being a burden on your team, not being able to do anything at all for a whole weekend. Easy bruh”.

It AINT easy for players like me.

It feels as though those who enjoy the journey have largely been forgotten in favor of those who want endgame. Everything before the latest expansion is essentially going through the motions. Instead of inventing a way for those looking for a more rewarding experience along the way, they neuter and streamline it to get it over as quickly as possible.

The canned answer to these problems is to either purposefully gimp yourself or go play Classic. Both of which ignore the fact that this isn’t a player problem, but a design one. If modern gaming is to be seen as a service, then the service in this particular area is lacking. And given that the flaws are so deeply ingrained in the overall design, I have no idea of what could be done to solve it. But I don’t think limited-time power borrowing and speed boosting are the answers. It needs to be something long term, while also being optional for those just wanting to do max level content.

Green gear from the AH is like 20 ilvl lower than the best gear out there, its REALLY not hard to get geared.

Can that green gear do anything against someone who has purple gear? No? Then MY POINT STANDS.

PvP in MMOs is unfair, and those that defend this status quo are Killers, its not enough that you win, you want to see me lose.

They tried what you’re asking, it didn’t work, people didn’t play

This is the best way to make it more fair AND give progression, which is what mmo’s are about.