Make leaving bannable

Leaving a group early isn’t abusing. It is a slight inconvenience for everyone else in the group, and blizzard is already going to add a cooldown on requeuing for doing so. Outright banning people for it is a bad take.

2 Likes

Perfect oxymoron.

I don’t think you know what that word means. That, or abuse for that matter.

2 Likes

No I do. Rarely do you see such a perfect oxymoron in the wild. Very impressive.

“A isn’t B” “Oxymoron”

Yeah, not a surprise you’re so full of bad takes, I suppose.

Naw you just hate English when it’s used to show your fallacies.

Well, you definitely don’t know what Oxymoron means, but man are you just the picture perfect example of the word without the first three letters. Your take is bad and you should feel bad about it. Banning people for minor inconveniences is such a stupid idea, and thankfully it seems most people have enough sense to understand that, even if you don’t.

1 Like

That would actually fix the whole issue.

1 Like

There are a few reasons why I can see they don’t do this. Rather, what I think they should do is put the general pieces, like armor, on the earlier bosses, and add the speciality items like weapons and trinkets on the last boss. No one is going to farm a heroic dungeon for a specific piece of generic gear over and over, its always the unique items and weapons people do this for.

1 Like

Your idea is good too!

The only reason I can think of why a loot chest at the end might be harder to implement would be if somebody joined in later, do they still receive items the bosses they missed dropped?

I would just say yeah.

Heroic dungeons do not take long to defeat.

But if the items people desire the most are towards the end of the dungeon it makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah, ultimately the issue is with how dungeon rewards are handed out, so the solution to the problem is somewhere in that problem, and any idea that incentivizes people sticking around to the end is a good one.

Punishing people and forcing them to engage rather than rewarding them for choosing to do so will never work as well.

1 Like

I mean, also too on the other end… it’s sort of crappy to punish players by leaving because you got what you want and dip. It’s a pretty lame move lol.

Oh no, I absolutely agree that it’s a jerk thing to do, but people are going to be jerks in anonymous spaces where they have little to no investment in the other people around them. The problem with punishing these people is there are also people who have to leave for legitimate reasons, and you risk punishing them as well for what, ultimately, is an inconvenience to the people who were slighted.

1 Like

When people are confronted with their fallacies they often resort to petty insults. :person_shrugging::nail_care:

Kind of like how they incorrectly insult ideas when their own bad take is called out. Funny how that works, isn’t it?

1 Like

This is not for someone leaving once or twice, here and there for a group which isn’t what they were hoping, or if something suddenly came up at home. It’s for the people who repeatedly queue into dungeons looking only for one thing off one boss and leave when they don’t get it – usually tanks/healers since they can immediately get new groups.

No normal person is going to leave groups enough to look like one of the people trying to get a certain piece of loot.

Noting here: I don’t care if people make their own dedicated groups to do something like this. Knock yourselves out. But I had to wait for my dungeon queue and it’s annoying to have to wait again after just one boss because 3/5 people dip out to just requeue.

1 Like

I think that is true. People will always find a way to ruin others fun if they know there is a way to punish them without pushback.

I can totally see people queueing as tank but dpsing to make others leave if there was a punishment for leavin.

I never insulted you just made an obvious observation based on the English language.

It’s not my job to explain how purposely inconveniencing 5 people is abusive.

The fact that you conflate inconvenience to abuse is the problem. But considering you want to ban people as opposed to more sensible solutions to the problem, I can’t be surprised you jump to extremes for everything. Seems to be your bread and butter.

3 Likes

I’m not the abusive one. I don’t really care how you feel or how you rationalize abuse. :person_shrugging: