Make it easier to block characters who have their profile hidden

I would save you the headache and just say put them on ignore. You will never get a straight or logical answer from them, they will circle around without answering your questions, deflect or try and change the subject entirely and then adopt the trolling method of taking your words out of context and trying to phrase it as support for their own argument in an attempt to make you angry.

2 Likes

well, let’s take a look at this situation from a cost-benefit analysis ok?

removing hidden profiles “inconvenience you for 2 extra seconds”

removing hidden profiles costs blizzard lots of money to completely re-do the entire forum software.

2 seconds versus lots of time and resources.

yeah, just leave the hidden profiles… it’s fine. not a big deal.

Unfortunately the trolling report function doesn’t work very well so that is one of the reasons I brought up to the change to the report function.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. After the first line… I have no idea what they were even getting at.

1 Like

No, it’s more like removing one line of code and leaving spaghetti behind.

So anyone with hidden profiles get grandfathered in.

Just people can’t create hidden profiles anymore.

Blizzard doesn’t suspend people who don’t break the rules. Just because you thought someone was trolling doesn’t mean they were.

1 Like

Given the frivolous stuff people get suspended for, I think it’s catching the wrong moderator.

1 Like

well blizzard purposefully implemented hidden profiles, so i don’t think they will be going back on that decision.

as you said, it’s only 2 seconds, so you need not even worry about it :slight_smile:

Except THEIR terms of trolling are insanely limited.
When someone is antagonizing, doing a very obvious circle argument and such. It’s very easy to tell what their intentions are. But that doesn’t meet blizz’s standards for trolling.

if it doesn’t meet blizzard’s standards for trolling, then it isnt trolling.

blizzard owns these forums and blizzard makes the rules.

plain and simple.

1 Like

They also purposefully implemented the ignore feature. What’s wrong with making it easier to use?

1 Like

The funny thing is that Blizzard’s advice is to not reply to trolls, and just ignore them instead.

Sure would be nice if they could make it easier to do that.

2 Likes

because it is already easy to use

No, not easy to use. I doubt many people would look up a guide on how to ignore people. By the time you find one, you’re probably at 5 + mins already.

1 Like

The circular argument will last for literally ever.
They can’t do anything other than copy/paste replies. I’d suggest leaving them on read lol.

1 Like

lucky for you, this thread has one in the OP:

I have had to teach people many times how to ignore others, when they ask about it.

And that’s not even how to ignore people who have the Troll Toggle turned on to make it harder to ignore them (a.k.a. hidden profile).

Maybe your terms of trolling are entirely too broad.

1 Like

Oh yea, silly me. I forgot. Blizzard is perfect, their system and how they judge what is and is not something is flawless.

the reality is that just because you think something is trolling doesn’t mean that it actually is trolling, right?

I didn’t say that but the decision they make is what matters, not what Quivermethis decides.

1 Like