Make guilds matter

Guilds do matter? One advantage off the top of my head is not losing items to pugs week after week.

Honestly, I’m really curious what the rationale for 3-day lockouts and a 10-man raid is. Like yes, it’s very puggable, and easy to run, and sure BFD is fun enough.

Is this intended to set some sort of cultural community tone for groups and guilds going forward, or what?

Because if there are changes, which I suspect there will be (at least I assume we’ll have 40-man Classic raids in Classic at some point), then that may come as a cultural shock to many smaller communities that may find themselves breaking apart, I could imagine people quitting the game, etc. if they have gotten used to things being a certain way, especially over several months, and then they suddenly change.

I guess we’ll see how it goes…

:woman_shrugging:

When guild’s don’t matter enough for people to show up to guild runs you still lose items to pugs week after week

They have a history of small raids having 3 day lockouts. AQ20 and ZG being the main examples. BFD needed to be 10 man, that I agree with. No way you are cramming double or more that number in that cave. It is cramped with 10. Gnomer is MASSIVE though and could easily have 20.

It’s difficult to be fair to PuGs, while also being fair to those who are consistently showing up to raids.

I’ve been just doing BiS > MS > OS, but there’s an amount of attrition because why even bother showing up to a scheduled raid where you only need 1 item, and a PuG can outroll you for it. And sure, we could HR stuff, but that comes with its own set of tradeoffs… just like SR, and +1, and all sorts of other loot systems, btw GDKP is literally looking quite good right now, and idk if that’s something I should care about.

:woman_shrugging:

Not really going to argue against that! They could have done a level 19 cap though, and a Wailing Caverns 20 man raid! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: