Make Exodar Great Again!

The exodar was never great. They crashed it and nobody ever went over to it.

That’s Oshu’gun. Not the Exodar. The rock they used to flee Argus.

Sargeras recruited the Eredar for their prodigious advances. It’s how many worlds were conquered and legion came to form up, not with Titan Technology. A Titan would have provided the tool at this point if it was the best.

Also yes space travel is a thing. It’s the same technology in the Vindicaar and the ships found in Netherstorm and Argus. The Exodar crashing was due to Keal’thas elves infiltrating and sabotaging. Landing on Azeroth was just a turn of event since Velen was always set on finding the Army of Light.

1 Like

Literally any kind of update on what the Draenei (Ashtongue, Kurenai, Aldor, various tribes etc.) have been up to on Outland would be nice. Haven’t touched upon any of them since TBC.

Entirely forgot about the Cersei and Avuun stuff too, so many loose threads of story set up for the Draenei that were never followed up lol.

Iirc there’s also a quest like this in Hellfire where an Undead is trying to do experiments on the Draenei to figure out their physiology to use certain forms of magic and chemicals against them, much like Cersei was doing.

I mean, that’s already a thing anyway. Remember that one time when Jaina nearly flooded and drowned everyone in Orgrimmar with a massive tidal wave of water elementals, and there wasn’t a damn thing anyone could do to stop her?

1 Like

Again? It wasn’t great to begin with to make it great again.

They’re the same kind of ship?

I thought that was largely to do with their prodigiousness with magic, not with technology explicitly.

The Eredar became the first race to become Warlocks, and were skilled in using arcane which translated to their ability to wield fel.

I mean, neither the Draenei nor the Eredar created Genedar, Exodar, Tempest Keep, or any of the transdimensional ships we see in WoW. They were all built via Naaru technology.

Also, the Legion ships are made to look more akin to Titanic architecture than what we see with the Eredar on Argus.

The Vindicaar and Exodar are two different kinds of ships.

Vindicaar is the typical space-faring ship we would typically expect in Sci-fi, Exodar is a floating crystalline ship used to travel between dimensions.

As per the words of Chris Metzen:

To be clear, we’re not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether (I’m certain there would be some legal issues there, to say the least). The draenei ‘nether-ship’ you’ve been hearing about is far more than it seems. It’s part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities. It doesn’t bank and roll or shoot proton torpedoes (not yet, anyway).

Also, Outland and Azeroth persist in two different dimensions. Outland teetering between the Twisting Nether and the Dark Beyond while Azeroth is firmly in the Dark Beyond, you can’t exactly fly between them through regular space-travelling means.

The Draenei were intentionally seeking out the Alliance of Azeroth to enlist their aid in taking back Outland and fighting against the Legion.

As per the Draenei starting intro:

Having fled the ravaged world of Outland, the noble draenei used the dimension traveling Exodar to reach safe haven. Inspired by tales of the heroic Alliance that stood against the might of the Burning Legion, the draenei have come to enlist aid in retaking their shattered homeland.

Which is something that’s echoed throughout the entire starting experience.

The only reason Exodar crashed was because the Belves had tampered with the Exodar’s power core, causing it to blow up above the skies of Northern Kalimdor and chunks of it to fall down onto the world of Azeroth as it was travelling between the two dimensions.

One month ago, a terrible explosion tore open the skies above northern Kalimdor. At that moment, the great ship Exodar, plummeted from the heavens and crashed upon the world of Azeroth.

The Vector Coil, one of the main power cores of the ship was sabotaged by the Blood Elves who planned on siphoning power from it.

1 Like

Was supposed to be case with Warlord of Draenor. Shattrath was first announced as a Capital city but was part of the scrapped project with the Ogre continent.

say with me now
not :clap: before :clap: silvermoon :clap: city :clap:

Nah horde get enough goodies silvermoon can wait

1 Like

That’s alternate Shattrath, not the one on Outland.
It was also planned as a raid, not a capital city.

Unless you’re referring to the original original concept for WoD which envisioned WoD being a ‘Return to Outland,’ taking place on another broken shard of Outland per what Dave Kosak said in the BTS for WoD’s collector’s edition DVD.

…but…Thrall said that is just how she shows her love :sob:

Jokes aside lore wise the Alliance is way more powerful. Do we really need the Draenei to have a Death Star too? I know the answer is yes but it really is not fair.

3 Likes

Is that a bad thing?
Typically, it doesn’t end well when a race attracts attention from the devs… glances toward Night Elves

I’m referred to what I saw and heard sitting in my seat being a Irving at Blizzcon.

I believe the draenei community wanted the Lost One design for the heritage armor, that conflict would be the best chance to get the attire. :thinking:

Still works as a capital city. Not sure how to modernize it since those factions split away. :thinking:

Hmm…

Interesting.

See, from what I recall they mentioned there being two capital cities for WoD, one for the Horde one for the Alliance… Neither of which were revealed at the time to be Shattrath.

In fact, I don’t really remember them mentioning Shattrath at all during BlizzCon 2013… but hey, maybe you had some insider information that I didn’t. :man_shrugging:t5:

I also seem to remember that particular BlizzCon being held at Anaheim, not Irving.

But maybe I’m just misremembering things.

Definitely.

Either that or something along the lines of their original concept art.

Feel like the predominant fear is that’ll be a purple recolor of the LF Draenei heritage.

1 Like

There’s an obvious answer.

2 Likes

The Draenei need a city, not a space ship

1 Like

With all the draenei getting back together, i think it would be a good time to rebuild their city on azeroth (azuremyst isle). Maybe less use of exodar but still acknowledge it presence (just not the main focus)

They already used parts from the Exodar to make a new ship in legion with the Lightforged Dranei DPS racial ability being you literally calling down an aerial strike from it if I remember correctly :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Basically there already is a massive power imbalance there’s a reason they tend to remove Malfurion from the story a lot.