Make Conduit upgrades specific to loot spec?

Yes, the “spec targeted” upgrades don’t first look at those with your spec icon beside them; it includes the generics, too. The shards I used post-reset upgraded the generics.

1 Like

That’s working as intended all the change was making it so you couldn’t get other spec potency conduits.

Is there any chance the team will fix getting duplicate conduits when opening multiple boxes from callings or the Korthia weekly? It is very frustrating to open multiple boxes and get 2 or even 3 of the same conduit at the same item level when you still need others upgraded to that bracket.

2 Likes

if you learn the conduits as you open them, that won’t happen

1 Like

At one point I thought they were deliberately trolling me with off spec conduits.

1 Like

You got rewarded with getting your condi’s done first, congrats. No one forced you to farm out the rep like a crackhead

2 Likes

What, exactly, do you fill the need to be “compensated” for?

Limit killed all the bosses pre-nerf, should they be compensated with extra gear since the difficulty of the bosses was reduced after their kills? Your reward was that, through your determination, you finished your condi’s first. This was merely a qol change. No one forced you to spend every day in Korthia and this wasn’t a bug/it was working as intended at the time.

1 Like

It can still happen I have had it happen twice on my dk. I opened a box learned a conduit opened another and got the same conduit at the same level. My guess is that the contents of the boxes is determined upon handing in the calling which is why I turn them in one by one now which is rather annoying if I am being honest.

oh that’s weird. i hadn’t had it happen so i assumed it didn’t work that way. i stand corrected!

1 Like

That is fair because unless it happens to you, you have no way of knowing right? It doesn’t seem like a hugely common issue as two of my 4 characters have never experienced it one character had it happen recently and my dk as I said has had it happen twice in the last patch. I kind of wish they would up the base ranks of conduits to rank 200 when using a Soultwined crecent and have those be what drops out of calling boxes.

You can straight up get 2 of the same Conduit from the same box. Has happened to my alts multiple times.

Incidentally, I also last night had an instance on a Torghast run where I literally got 2 of the same pet.

3 Likes

This happened to me 2 times in a row. Had to just delete it. Would be nice if they were at least worth gold so I could vendor. Incredible how bad the design is on so many things in this game.

1 Like

Blood elf druids, when? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

excellent change. overdue but im just glad its there. Thanks for the response and updates!

1 hour in Korthia for 1000 research per day, 3 days per token, 8 wasted offspec conduit upgrades. 24 hours of my time wasted.

1 Like

They put in an awful system… people ecplain thoroughly why it’s objectively awful for months… it goes unaddressed for WAY too long… they finally “fix” it after the damage has already been done to thousands of players… and you guys praise them? Lol…

This system is one of the only things where you could actually be punished for playing more. If you have all of your class conduits because you actually did a lot of content, the chances that you actually upgraded the ones you wanted were significantly lower than someone who played less.

If you are one of these people and spent countless hours farming up research to actually upgrade the ones you wanted, you’re pretty much just being given the finger here.

Do you want people to log in and play or not? While this change should have been there from the start, unless you refund all conduit upgrade items, you’re sending the message that playing more can actually hurt your progress.

Bad look. It’s pretty obvious that you NEED to refund people.

1 Like

I cannot think of one time in this game’s history they have caved to player demands for refunds.

But every time they fix something, cue the complaints. Tis just a video game, if you weren’t going to be playing it anyway, why did you bother grinding in the first place? At least this way you have something to do until 9.1.5 drops and we get another step in CoD or whatever magic bean crusade we start in order to chase the Jailer to the Zog dimension and begin the climactic curtain pull to reveal who was really behind HIM this whole time (I’m betting void lords or something) and start this whole thing again.

so you play longer to get what you want.

1 Like

No doubt already mentioned, but I guarantee you the ability to directly upgrade conduits (item in bag, hover over the one you specifically want, use it, and then it upgrades it to the next rank) will become available the reset when the 9.2 raid’s hall of fame for horde closes. Not inferring faction bias just stating that they seem to only do this sort of thing, like what they did with account-wide essences in 8.3 (available on the reset when a hall of fame closed).

So I can safely guess that by at least late April and even with a late patch launch in February, conduits will be an entirely deterministic system of progression. Cause lets be honest they are going to also try to sell “freedom” from conduit energy with the next major patch. Just seems par the course, to make systems; break systems and then give the fixes when certain player engagement metrics have been met (or not met).

The damage is done but it still isn’t “Fixed”

They would be fixed if I could just upgrade the exact Conduits I want!! They were half fixed and just wasted my last 2 Soultwinning because they upgraded Conduits that I NEVER EVER EVER will use.

Furthermore the drop rate is now horrendous. They stealth nerfed it.