Make Balance of Power Account Wide

Just finished it up as I never played Legion and the daggers look absolutely sick.

Awesome questline to experience a first time.

But making it character only is beyond dumb and re-doing the rep grinds, multiple week lockouts of legacy raids because of bad RNG and tactical restrictions is borderline masochistic on 1 character let alone more.

Make it account wide.

54 Likes

Yes, I agree, this definitely should be account wide.

7 Likes

I don’t wana do RBGs on every alt for the skins lol. That what you’re talking about?

2 Likes

The pvp skins are different though? I have the pvp prestige skins on every toon and I definitely don’t pvp on every toon lol

I’m talking about the massive questline that involves alot of suramar stuff, stormheim stuff, legion raids and a hell of alot of stupid timegating for something thats old and out of date

Its pretty cool to experience though, but should definitely only need to be done once

3 Likes

I made a post on the CC forums about all the artifact skins:

A lot of things need fixing. Balance of Power needs to be account wide, the kill 8 world bosses needs to be account wide, they need to let dungeons run outside of legion count, they need to change the rated bgs to random bgs, etc.

It would take little time for them to update it but it would go so far for the players.

23 Likes

Make it account wide.

13 Likes

It’s a quest that you can do solo while streaming content on the side. You never have to ask anyone for help, never have to join a group, and can speed up the reputation portion dramatically. It unlocks 3 unique appearances (4 if you’re a Druid, 2 if DH), each of which have 4 different colorations, and they’re available to every character of that class on your account.

It’s one of the best solo investment-reward propositions in the game. It doesn’t need to be account wide.

1 Like

You actually cannot be serious with this reply right? What part about it being character specific is actually good, please elaborate?

There is no way you can sell it as being a worthy time sink more than once, I’m sorry but that’s an extremely bad take and the unlock / achievement should definitely be account wide.

12 Likes

That you disagree with it doesn’t make it an extremely bad take. If you feel the rewards have enough value to you, then it’s worth of the time sink. If you don’t feel the rewards have enough value, don’t do it.

5 Likes

I would love that :heart:, if not could they please get rid of the rep grind parts of, not all of my alts played during legion and having to repeatedly grind suramar and then stormheim have stalled many of my attempts to finish it.

6 Likes

If you wish to do BoP on every single character, then that is your choice. Others do not. They should have their choice. You have no good argument against choice.

4 Likes

AGREED. I’m at the part where I’m farming nightshards right now. Only got five of them and have to wait until next week to get more

3 Likes

The Balance of Power rewards can have enough value that people will grit their teeth and plow through the time sink, while at the same time the time sink can be unnecessary, disrespectful of player time, boring, and add no entertainment value to the game.

Especially since they’re unique rewards, people would still do it if the grind was 4x as bad. That has no actual relevance on whether the time sink/grind is good, or whether the game would be better with it removed.

I think this one part is fine as-is, but it should probably be made such that running every Legion dungeon once meets the requirements (I can’t remember what the actual requirements are anymore, but I think one of them requires 30 dungeons?)

At a minimum now, with Legion dungeons being the M+ rotation, those runs might be ticking off some of that criteria? I actually don’t know if it does to be honest, but if it does, and considering more and more dungeons are going to make it into the rotation in future seasons, it’s entirely plausible this criterion is easy enough and beneficial for the player.

The Rated BG thing is definitely stupid, though.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the one I’m referring to. The “Do each legion dungeon once” one is fine. It’s the do 30 dungeons that needs to be made outside of Legion content lol.

3 Likes

I think I’d prefer if that was just also Do each Legion dungeon once. Or even just halved to 15; there’s 13 Legion dungeons, so that’s effectively close enough. I think that’s perfectly fine, Legion gives at least some unique content to different classes and professions within the Legion dungeons that it’s fairly intuitive and a few different goals ticked off simultaneously if people want.

What they should also do (imo) is add better trackers for those even if they don’t make changes though, or ideally alongside them.

Actually, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure the bigger issue with some of those is they aren’t retroactive. So if you end up doing dungeons/unlocking Hidden artifacts/whatever in the wrong order, you just end up in a giant slog of requirements. Fixing that up would be a great idea IMO.

3 Likes

This is an actual worthwhile grind to do on a character. I do not think this should be BoA.

I do think some of the prerequisites should be removed. I remember having to complete series of quests in a few zones to unlock this quest chain…and that is so much to repeat on every alt. But the Balance of Power quests themselves, I think should stay.

How exactly is it “worthwhile?”

1 Like

They are some of the nicest looking weapons in the game. How is that not worth sinking some time for?

So are the PvP weapons. I only had to PvP on one character for them.

1 Like

Okay, well those are not class exclusive.

We had this same exact conversation a while back, I remember it.