Make Badges BoA

I think it would be great to be able to buy badge gear with badges from your main. Helps gear up alts and add tanks and healers back into dungeons to farm badges.

15 Likes

That would be amazing, but it won’t happen.

3 Likes

The point of having an alt is to play that alt not to use your toon to get everything. Nlizzard even has stated they don’t want your alt to be an extension of your main but a different character in itself and why it took so long for them to allow more and more to be shared.

We are playing classic and as such the classic mindset should be what is followed your alt is not extension of your main it’s a diff character. You want a 2nd geared toon put in the time on that toon to gear it. Wrath already added looms to make it easier than tbc with more catch-up gearing options there is no need for ways that don’t even require you to play that alt.

3 Likes

Well currently my alt is different than my main, that’s true. My alt isn’t able to get into H+ despite 3800 ilvl as a dps. Meanwhile I see 3 groups spamming for heals for various H+ dungeons. I could help that out on my healer, but that doesn’t help the alt I’m trying to gear up.

This way I can gear my alt, while helping other people gear up too. Win-win.

3 Likes

This would kill dungeons even more than they are already killed.

1 Like

Taking more people of lower ilvl out of instances is not win win. Add more high ilvl players in and even less likly to find a group of like minded players willing take to a lower ilvl player. While in turn adding another dps with high ilvl that can’t play as they have never logged into it and as such is focused on “their gear score”. So making the problem worse. Esp as it would in fact likly take MORE healers out of the system than add as tanks and healers rarly need there badges in the first place plus everyone is swimming in badges as it is I have used over 300 badges on orbs on one tank alone hardly doing heroic plus. What you’re asking for is to let people more easily skip heroic plus. As such less players to pull from and making the vary issue you raised worse and for the worst group of players to the new players that can’t go on there main and just get “free” badges from raid logging.

What you are talking about is a socail issue if you’re having issues finding a group that is what your guild is for. In fact this is the exact reason blizzard dint give rdf to make you talk to people and make a network of freinds.

If you want 232 ilvl gear on your alt you earn it on your alt. Or just buy it on the auction house I guess.

How? If I’m healing or dpsing a dungeon it’s still one person doing dungeons.

This isn’t really true. In p1 as gear score went up no one was filtering out new alts. People want high ilvl to blast through H+, if everyone is high ilvl people are going to stop checking ilvl for groups just like they did in p1.

Actually I’m not, what I’m asking is to get more people at the community required ilvl for H+ to get more people doing H+. There aren’t a lot of players who are raid logging who would come back to dungeons anyways so that’s not really an issue.

Also, that’s not really an option. I don’t want to disrespect my guildies to run H+ with my 6 80s. That’s a huge waste of time for them. I’ve done a few runs with guild alts, but “make your guild carry you” shouldn’t be the solution for alt gearing. There should be a viable way that a player can gear themselves.

If I can just trade my main’s emblems to my alt, my alt does not need to run heroic dungeons for emblems.

People just love to come up with all kinds of excuses not to add QoL changes into the game.
“Muh dungeons” “earn it on your alt” as if it was a job or an integral part of your actual life instead of a stupid game.

3 Likes

Exactly. I want to play my dps alts but at 3800 ilvl there’s no way for them to do anything. I have healers and tanks that are geared, but since running on them doesn’t do anything I just do 0 dungeons instead. Which is worse for the H/H+ population.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.