Make An'she/Belore A Thing

There are between 100 and 200 billion stars in the Milky Way, in a Galaxy, the probability of life on a planet of these stars is never 0, nevertheless life is not guaranteed although one could assume it.

In other words: We know 3 scenes, and it was a night elf who created a moon well on draenor, no one else, and night elves are known for that. However, there are XXX worlds where Elune is worshipped that we do not know.

To call an unknown 3 a majority is what I call scientifically brave :smiley: I hope you never do that publicly,you would make a fool of yourself to do so.

What’s that you always say, about not using real-world methodologies for in-game analysis?

So when I do it, it’s bad, but when you do it, it’s okay?

The entire narrative demonstrates Elune is a moon goddess for the past two decades.

Arguing against that demonstrates you are not arguing in good faith.

Blocking you until you demonstrate good faith arguments once more.

have fun by doing so, i mean, you start insulting people, not me :wink:

1 Like

Behold, peace and quiet.

Hmm.
…
There are some methods in science that should make you refute your point of view. Probably, I remembered this late.
…
An’she must exist as a True Tauren Deity.
…
This robs the night elves of another piece of their identity.
…
No, this does not rob the night elves of their identity, because they retain the moon goddess.
…
No, it takes away, now you can be a raging fanatic not only on the night elves.
…
You could do this on non-night non-elves before.
…
But we were raging fanatics of GOD, not a separate force
…
…
…
Can you help me?

Silence.
Yes, I should have remembered this earlier.

So… this thread devolved while I was busy.

I just want to take a second to address this because I might not have been very clear. When I brought up Buddhism I was referring to the philosophy and teachings that encourage one to live at peace with themselves and the world around them. There is no blessing involved in this circumstance, because An’she may not pass out blessings at all, but instead he may focus on teaching others how to live in harmony with the worlds he loves. The idea was that the whole Night Warrior thing would remain unique to Elune.

Of course, with Ordos around I do like the idea of tapping into some sort of Sun Warrior.

2 Likes

Just Zahir doing what he’s done for 116 posts of this 500 post thread.

Reminds me of the myths regarding the differences between Artemis’s arrows of silver moonlight (painless, swift death) vs Apollo’s arrows of golden light (agonizing and slow death).

Because of the Sun/Moon dynamic I really can’t help but fall into those Artemis and Apollo stories, especially the one regarding Niobe.

She bragged about her great number of children compared to Leto, Artemis and Apollo’s mother. The two of them were sent by their mother and killed all (Most in some tales) of them with Apollo killing the sons and Artemis killing the daughters. Apollo kills the father as well in a number of versions after he attacks Apollo’s temple in revenge.

While brutal, it showcases the two of them working together as the sun and moon tend to do. Completely separate, but when they come together something is about to go down.

4 Likes

After reading some of the last dozen posts (and skipping most of them because, life is too short…) I think someone put crazy pills in everyone’s water…

I will say, the one think I disagree with is the assertion that Elune is an Alliance aligned Deity so the Horde should have their own Horde Aligned Deity. Elune is not Alliance nor should she be.

An’she most definitely should be in the story. He already is, we just don’t know much about him. I want to say that it’s pretty conceivable that the First One’s created the Titans. At least, seeding worlds that gave rise to the Titans.

My theory: Within all religions and Mythologies, stories and lore can get muddled and lost to antiquity, especially in oral traditions. Musha and An’she both are (at least partially) responsible for seeding and care-iving to World Souls. In this regard, they are the Earthmother and Skyfather respectively. Some time ago, they’ve gotten confused as both the Earthmother (probably from a misunderstanding of a pass-down story. Maybe even a misunderstanding of the nature of the Moons.)

I mean, much of Night Elf beliefs of Elune have been proven wrong so it’s reasonable the the Tauren got some of it wrong too.

2 Likes

Nah I just got tight, Zahir got the crazy pills with insisting Elune ain’t a moon goddess for 20 posts.

The root of Elune worship on Azeroth, as in:

• what race contains her “Avatar” (Tyrande, Night Elves)
  • what race contained knowledge of becoming her “Dark Avatar” (Night Elves)
  • what race were taught FIRST by her son Cenarius (Night Elves)
  • what race and factions are associated most with Naaru that the Tear of Elune was able to restore (Draenei, Army of Light)
  • being the in-game speculated origin of naaru
  • thus, given Naaru are what whispered to Humans to establish the Church of Light, the “grandma” of the main Human religion
  • possibly also the Tidemother, vaguely implied (Kul Tirans)

is very demonstrably Alliance. To compare, Horde has:

• Lun’alai possibly, heavily implied but not confirmed (Zandalari Trolls)
  • Shadowmoon Clan possibly, only vaguely implied but also not confirmed (Orcs)
  • errrr maybe some Nightborne still worship elune??
  • Tauren Musha (wrong name though!)
  • Blood Elves, via sunwell being both Naaru heart (Made by Elune) + well of eternity water (also Elune related)

Like sure, she shouldn’t be Alliance leaning but at the moment she is.

That’s a material reality of the narrative, no way around it. Unless Blizzard confirms “Actually, the Shadowmoon Clan were whispered to by Elune before the Darkstar, and the Lun’alai 100% worship Elune, and Nightborne still worship Elune.”

Sure, Tauren theology can be just as wrong as Night Elf theology.

My point of emphasis however is that Tauren should have the name correct. Elune is Elune on now two (2) planets, and was uniquely given to one (1) race on Azeroth, and the devs refer to her as Elune. It is her correct, true, unique name.

Thus I’d like to see An’she be the correct, true, unique name, and be tied in to things both Alliance and Horde, but 60% Horde and 40% Alliance as Elune is the inverse. As I’ve posted in the first post, the long list of possible connections that could be had.

I think there are 4 First Ones though, at least. More than 2, less than 7. Probably 3 or 4 or 6.

5 Likes

Hey! Trolling? I would call it “It’s Inappropriate”.
Anyway. Have you found false traces of An’she in the Alliance religions?

Hmmm, I like this seeing as Elune is associate with Arcane and the perfect balance of Light and Dark…
It be interesting, very unique and different if An’she would be associated with Fel and the more destructive aspects of creation…

I like it! :point_up: :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking of Fel as sort of the “sunspots” on the sun.

1. Sun as Light = shines on everyone regardless of belief, but Holy Light is a “crutch” for beings who don’t see what’s before them, and the Naaru refract this pure, permanent Light
  2. Sun as Chaos = “sunspots” and “solar flares” creating energetic instability, how too much solar radiation causes burns, so Fel magic
  3. Sun as Death = the sun leading to death from excess, also the sun causing Lunar Eclipses (Bwonsamdi, Hakkar), making the blood boil so to speak
  4. Sun as Life = obvious, plants need sun, life needs warmth usually
  5. Sun as Shadow = “Black Sun” motif, the sun causes shadows to be cast
2 Likes

Stop lying, I said we don’t know if Elune is worshipped everywhere as a moon goddess.

Speculation is one thing, but not even in lore, Speculation isn’t evidence. Even if the Naruu have a tenuous connection to Elune, that isn’t enough to put them in the same camp.
But that’s not to say An’she wasn’t also a part of the Creation of the Naruu. I mean, An’she is Light aligned and Elune is shadow. Which supposes that both An’she and Elune had a hand in their creation.

I still think the Tidemother is Azeroth. I mean, it’s literally HER oceans and she used it to communicate best she could with early oceans explorers.

But his name isn’t “wrong” though. We don’t know the meaning or origin of either name. If the Tauren learned their names at all then it’s probably directly from the source (or close enough to be accurate.)

But if An’she is the correct name then doesn’t that just reconfirm that Musha is the correct name of Elune? Because if one name is correct, it lends credence to the other.

This is why I don’t think the names An’she and Musha are literal names. Maybe titles or terms of affection that they called each other…
“Little Brother” and “Big Sister” perhaps?

But if we take their names literally for what they mean in Tuar-ahe, the Tuaren are literally calling them “The Sun” and “The Moon,” which means that An’she is not his real name at all nor is Musha the name of Elune. It’s just the names they’ve attributed to them.

1 Like

Elune granted their priests aswell holy magic and shadow magic abilitys…so ist not easy to seperate this on that point.

Don’t think it’s tenuous, the Tear of Elune did revive Xe’ra’s heart. That is 100% clear as day. Lacking context sure, tenuous no.

Ergo “An’she as Blacksmith of the First Ones”

Earthmother has no aquatic associations in any Tauren lore, quite firmly, well, earth.

No because Elune has confirmed she is Elune to both Fyzandi and Night Elves, and meta-wise the devs.

If anything, it shows Musha is An’she’s name for Elune, a pet name, rather than her actual name.

Take for example the Druid ability “Blessing of the Ancients”, giving two buffs: blessing of ELUNE and blessing of AN’SHE

Nah for me, and others, it’s important An’she be An’she.

An’she telling the story to the Tauren, ergo explaining why Elune isn’t Elune to the Tauren, would explain that.

For the same reason why Night Elven word for sun is “Belore” rather than An’she, it’s Elune’s name for her brother.

They’re nicknames for eachother, as siblings, sort of how the Valar or Tolkien Elves refer to eachother internally, vs their “official” names and titles. Or like the various nicknames I imagine your family has for you that isn’t your “actual” name.

1 Like

i´m still pretty sure, until today, that Mu’Sha in taurajo means simple Elune, the word Mu’Sha translated into a common speak is Elune.

but if elune call her brother belore, would that not mean…belore is his …right name?

That’s because the Tauren are Earth-centric culture. But a Earthbased culture and an ocean fairing culture could still worship their own respective aspects of the same Deity. Particularly one that is a literal GAIA…

They confirmed that’s the name they know her by. But it doesn’t invalidate names that another culture may also know her by.
Hell, even the Night Elves have alternative names for Elune.

This implies the Tauren have a greater interaction with An’she then Musha, where their worship of the Earthmother puts them both on equal level, but still below the Earthmother herself, where “The Shu’halo (the tauren) arose to give thanks and prayer to their loving mother. There, in the endless fields of dawn, the children of the earth swore themselves to her grace and vowed to bless her name until the final darkening of the world.”

Well no. I only have a nickname for my sister but I detest nicknames so my family doesn’t use them for me.

Depends entirely if Elune is the type to call her brother by his pet name to her chosen people… So, probably yes. To the Night Elves, Belore would be his real name.

But to the Tauren, who seam to know of them as a more of a pair that interacts and have some depth of knowledge of their relationship, I think Elune and Belore would of probably have discussions with each other, using their nicknames, for which the Tauren would be aware of.

Basically, To the Night Elves, Elune is all business and to the Tauren, she and Belore are loving siblings… Who bicker.

3 Likes