Majority of forum goers ignores articles related to TWW

Sadly, true.

Which is why they are ridiculed when they ask.

There are people who carefully read up on things before starting them. And then there are people who dive into something without reading anything. Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages. But whichever type you are, you need to learn to cope with the other type because you WILL have to deal with them. In games. At work. In friendships and marriages and families. Learn to take a deep breath and tell yourself that we all have to learn to handle difference gracefully.

A lot of players are in little isolated social pods.

So a lot of announcements can sneak by

I got ADHD and don’t have the patience to read through everything thoroughly. I just read the stuff I think directly pertains to the class I’m playing and skip the rest until it affects me after the patch LOL

I don’t Twitter.

1 Like

People are paradoxically lazy and have zero attention span. They also lack self-awareness, which is why their common defense when challenged is “some of us have a life” or “I don’t have time” even though navigating to the forums and arguing with everyone takes more time and effort than just Googling their question.

I don’t find it a big deal when people come here with questions, it’s when they come in with guns blazing that I find it annoying and not terribly inclined to help them.

I know this isn’t on topic but looking at your Mog there, I am getting Queen Gedron vibes from Red Sonja?

1 Like

We’re also apparently missing mounts. I know I’m missing the Amber Skitterfly in my mounts journal. Who knows what else?

I’ve worked in the customer service industry interfacing with customers for over 25 years, all my adult life. Both in a brick and mortar retail setting but also working for customer service of an online retailer.

In both settings people don’t read.

There is a small subset of humans who due to personality traits likes to be fully informed. Those individuals will seek out and find information even if it’s in an difficult to find location and they will read it.

But, the vast majority of people could be faced with a las vegas style billboard sign with the exact relevant information they need or want to know and they still wouldn’t read it.

Honestly, as soon as remix came out I did actually ignore any article relating to TWW. Like, the expansion has spiders, or something. I’ll figure it out, later.

You have people who play WoW that are largely stuck in their own little bubble. Until that bubble burst on patch day. Yes they are largely clueless about anything going on in development or changes that are going to effect the game.

First thing I do every time I visit the forums is click on “Blizz Tracker” all news and information should be linked to from there.

If it isn’t, then Blizzard obviously doesn’t think it is important enough to tell us about it. I shouldn’t have to track down social media accounts and third-party sites to learn about what is going on with the service.

2 Likes

Does the bent launcher have a link to the known bugs?

Thankfully the above is stickied/pinned. But it’s pinned in the bug report sub forum and not general discussion which I find odd. But maybe this is also posted in the bnet launcher to helps folks get their bearings?

Love it! Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome

1 Like

Reading is hard, that’s why I barely use the forum.

I get most of information from memes and Warcraft Power Magazine.

:ocean: :milky_way: :ocean: :milky_way:

2 Likes

1 Like

None of those places has a single mention of someone else using my warband bank…

Son, I’ve been gaming since the early 80s. NOBODY ever reads manuals. EVER. People didn’t know how to pick up birdo eggs and throw them back in SMB2. Complaining about it is like being mad the sky is blue; you certainly are not obligated to like it, but it’s just the nature of the beast.