[Main Thread] Your login session has expired

Every time I exit the game, Battle.net logs me out and says “your login session has expired”. Not a huge deal since I can just log in again but still annoying.

42 Likes

Yes this just started recently with the battlenet client

9 Likes

same issue on the launcher

8 Likes

I am plagued by this same annoyance.

6 Likes

Same thing has been happening to me. “your login session has expired” from battle.net

7 Likes

Same, it’s very annoying. I’ve gone from NEVER having to enter my password but maybe once a year…to once a day. Can we find a middle ground?

7 Likes

Same.

Also switched to DX11 to “fix” the hangup freezes in dungeons. Just makes my client crash instead. facepalm

1 Like

I got the “session expired” when I went to log in this morning. And then again just now. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s annoying.

6 Likes

Same here, keeps asking for the password every time I start my computer now. I think this has correlated with the new version of the battle.net app, with the little play buttons at the top-left, but not sure.

6 Likes

Same here, just started in the last couple of days

6 Likes

Same. I would honestly be less annoyed if there wasn’t a button that says “keep me logged in” but it doesn’t appear to matter whether it’s checked or not.

5 Likes

Quick question for you guys:

Are your Bnet launchers set to close down(rather than minimize) after opening a game?

I started noticing this issue as well a couple days ago, but it also coincided with me changing that setting, so I’m not sure if the two are related.

EDIT: I just switched my launcher back to where it stays running vs closing out and I’m not getting the session expired problem anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah I do, the game runs a LOT better for a lot of people if they have Bnet close down after launch It’s kind of a resource pig.

2 Likes

Nope. Mine is already set to stay running after launching the game. Still being told my session is expired. Third time today.

4 Likes

No, it’s not. After the intial 10 or so seconds of loading it, it takes up a very tiny amount of memory and will average like 0.05% CPU usage over the course of an hour. Won’t even likely make a single frame’s worth of difference while in game.

The part of it that does blow is when you go to close out of it and it lingers for like 20 seconds using CPU and disk gathering telemetry. Meanwhile, if you try to open it again while the background stuff is still closing, it will bug the launcher out.

Let me try again since changing the setting back to stay running. EDIT: Nope, back to forcing a reentry of the password. It showed my greyed out credentials as if they were filled it still, then tried to connect or verify, but I did see a very brief flash of it saying “security check” or something like that with a blue progress bar, but it lasted like 100ms. After that, it pops the error up

1 Like

same with me

Happening to me too. Intermittently unable to log in into batttlenet as well. Takes a few attempts.

Boy is this the truth!!! If you’re gonna make me log in EVERY SINGLE TIME, then don’t include that obviously useless “keep me logged in” checkbox that simply doesn’t work any more.

6 Likes

I just fully uninstalled the Battle.net app and reinstalled it and it is still doing the same; asking for a password every time it is opened after a computer reboot.

3 Likes

Not that it will help but the launcher gives the error BLZBNTBGS8000023(47)

1 Like