[Main Thread] UI layout missing/not saving

So I finally got into the game and my UI I created for my character a couple weeks ago, and spent HOURS on, is gone. I have nothing but the default setup now. God this stupid release is just dumb.

6 Likes

Same here, sounds like there are quite a few others with this as well -_-;

I almost quit after the first fiasco with the UI and now this. I am not going through all that trouble again.

1 Like

UI gone here as well.

It resets everytime you get world server down also. If you remake it, make sure to “share” then save it to a file for later use.

Not only is the UI gone and resets on /reloads, but they removed the ability to scale the actionbars and turn off the gryphons on actionbar 1.

Those abilities are still there for me… at least for now.

Howdy everyone,

Thank you for the reports, I’ve sent this information up. Please let us know if this is recent changes or if this is happening to previously saved layouts , and provide character/server name as well please.

I will post any updates I receive here.

I was finally able to log on and my UI is reset. I spent hours and days perfecting it and there is no way I want to spend my limited time (I work) trying to get it to what it was again. It was painful. Is this something that is going to be fixed or am I forced to redo it?

1 Like

This happened soon as everyone logged in after 6PM EST.

Yeah just had this with launch day, Had the UI sorted and perfect for the last few weeks. I crashed when loading into one of the Obsidian Citadel cutsceans, logged back in and my saved layout is gone and everything is reverted back to original. Soo annoying.

It seems that every time there has been “World Server Down” issue that I wind up having to redo my UI layout because it no longer exists when I get back into the game.

Is this going to be an ongoing issue?

I didn’t put 2 and 2 together last time this happened (or I did and got 5), but this is what happened to my account also! Last time I got hours of “World Server Down,” I had to redo all of my UI layouts. They all got wiped and I had to start from scratch. I’ll be watching this one…

Has been fine every day since prepatch started, fine all day today, logged in right at launch, world server down, kicked, log back in, saved edits gone. MalGanis & Stormrage.

This also happened when there was a “World Server Down” issue during phase 2 of the pre-patch.

Howdy Everyone!

Change of plans on the need for logs! I was just told the team has found out what’s going on and is working on a fix for this as we speak.

We do not have an ETA but keep an eye out for patch notes!

Here you go

Date: 2022-11-28 20:59:15
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua line 256:
attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
Debug:
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua”]:256:
Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:252
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:524: GetRaidFrameWidth()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/CompactUnitFrame.lua”]:1579: func()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/CompactUnitFrame.lua”]:219:
Interface/FrameXML/CompactUnitFrame.lua:218
[string “=[C]”]: CompactUnitFrame_SetUpFrame()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/CompactPartyFrame.lua”]:56: CompactPartyFrame_RefreshMembers()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1552: ResetPartyFrames()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1474: OnEditModeExit()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:184: ExitEditMode()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:204:
Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:202
[string “=[C]”]: Hide()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:2837: SetUIPanel()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:2868: MoveUIPanel()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:2899: HideUIPanel()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:2565:
Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua:2557
[string “=[C]”]: SetAttribute()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:3179: HideUIPanel()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:121: onCloseCallback()
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua”]:149:
Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua:144
[string “=[C]”]: Click()
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua”]:3989: ToggleGameMenu()
[string “TOGGLEGAMEMENU”]:1:
[string “TOGGLEGAMEMENU”]:1
Locals:
self = PartyFrame {
0 =
UpdateMagnetismRegistration = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:506
UpdatePartyMemberBackground = defined @Interface/FrameXML/PartyFrame.lua:44
systemInfo = {
}
IsFrameAnchoredToMe = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:469
LayoutChildren = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:192
UseCombinedGroups = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:862
ResetToDefaultPosition = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:148
GetScaledSelectionSides = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:355
SelectSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:534
GetFrameMagneticEligibility = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:489
UpdateSystemSettingUseLargerFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:971
CalculateFrameSize = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:148
AddLayoutChildren = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:48
IsBelowFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:322
spacing = 10
SetScaleBase = defined =[C]:-1
HasActiveChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:244
GetScaledCenter = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:348
HidePartyFrames = defined @Interface/FrameXML/PartyFrame.lua:71
IsToTheRightOfFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:310
OnLoad = defined @Interface/FrameXML/PartyFrame.lua:5
UpdateDisplayInfoOptions = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:279
settingDisplayInfoMap =

{
}
GetSettingValueBool = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:259
IsLayoutFrame = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:36
DoesSettingValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:263
MarkDirty = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:90
UpdateSelectionVerticalState = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:1084
GetChildPadding = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:133
dirtySettings =
{
}
IsToTheLeftOfFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:304
GetSettingsDialogAnchor = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:288
hasActiveChanges = false
OnSystemLoad = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:3
ClearFrameSnap = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:448
GetCombinedCenterOffset = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:398
SetupSettingsDialogAnchor = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:948
UpdateSystemSettingSortPlayersBy = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:1060
dirty = false
SetPointBase = defined =[C]:-1
UpdateSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:193
UpdateSystemSettingRaidGroupDisplayType = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:1053
UpdateDirtySettings = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:112
isHighlighted = false
BreakSnappedFrames = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:431
systemIndex = 4
UpdateSystemSettingUseRaidStylePartyFrames = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:981
snappedFrames =
{
}
SetPointOverride = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:61
UpdateSystemSettingShowPartyFrameBackground = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:988
UpdateClampOffsets = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:71
IgnoreLayoutIndex = defined @Int

EDIT: I see you no longer need these posted or emailed.

Hey Finraziell,

Thank you anyway! I grabbed this and sent it over! You can never have to much information. Thank you again!

1 Like

Are they saved server side or client side? Because under my account and all realms / chars the .txt and .old of the edit mode cache have all been reset.

This worked for me under my main account settings.

3 Likes