[Main Thread] Telus/Canada - Transfer Aborted: Instance not found

Very frustrated… Multiple instance loading cancelled with Transfer Aborted when trying to queue 3s today on my priest. Whats the deal, I was queueing totally fine last night and all my addons are up to date and I’ve changed nothing else about my PC, feels like a client side issue…

2 Likes

This has been happening to me and my kiddo for over an hour now. Getting kicked off the flight path mount and falling to our deaths. Unable to enter portals for instances or zones. Trying to use a hearthstone results in getting kicked back to where we started.

Ah another issue has popped up. We’re now getting Voice Chat errors:

"Can’t connect to a voice chat server right now. Please try again. (VoiceError: 16)

This is still happening. Just fell off a flight path again and it’s taking multiple tries to get into an instance or to use my hearthstone.

yeah im zoning in and out of instances with multiple failed attempts

2 Likes

Yes. Five different alts now. All the same problem.

Ok, this is still happening to myself and my daughter. Two different setups. She’s on a wired internet PC and I’m on a laptop using wireless.

I’ve done a full on UI reset, addons gone, opening cinematic playing, the works. I even rebooted my laptop to clear any possible remaining badness in the cache files.

My daughter and I don’t even use the same addons, so I don’t think this is being caused by a misbehaving mod. This isn’t a wireless issue as her computer is wired and still having the problem,

Is there anything at all related to our internet provider that might be causing this? Because I’m frustrated at this point. It’s taking multiple tries to hearth, use portals, enter instances, and… falling to my death on flight paths is getting old.

well, are you in canada?

2 Likes

Hey, Histano and Tindomerel! It does look like you both are on the same ISP and in Canada. There might be a common issue you both are running into causing the transfer aborted issues. Could you both provide us with a WinMTR test? Run the test until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Sorry for the delay. I decided to stop running instances because of the errors and just level up an alt.

I’m on Telus internet in Alberta. We’ve been having slowdowns and constant disconnects the last couple of weeks. Very frustrating how poor the service has been.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                               home.Home -    9 |  514 |  471 |    0 |    8 |  155 |    8 |
|                            10.145.246.1 -    2 |  641 |  629 |    9 |   21 |  170 |   14 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  137 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|               STTLWAWBCI01.bb.telus.com -    2 |  645 |  634 |   33 |   43 |  152 |   40 |
|                            154.11.2.145 -    3 |  629 |  614 |   38 |   51 |  620 |   41 |
|              ae1-br01-eqse2.as57976.net -    2 |  644 |  634 |   67 |   78 |  181 |   72 |
|       xe-0-0-0-1-br01-eqsv5.as57976.net -    3 |  637 |  624 |   67 |   80 |  291 |   74 |
|        et-0-0-29-br02-eqsv5.as57976.net -    2 |  641 |  629 |   63 |   74 |  180 |   65 |
|       xe-0-0-1-1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net -    2 |  645 |  634 |   66 |  103 | 1174 |   68 |
|        et-0-0-29-br01-eqla1.as57976.net -    3 |  632 |  618 |   70 |  247 |  906 |  164 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  137 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|        et-0-0-0-pe04-swlv10.as57976.net -    3 |  633 |  619 |   67 |   79 |  187 |   74 |
|       las-swlv10-ia-bons-04.as57976.net -    2 |  649 |  639 |   67 |   77 |  199 |   76 |
|                           137.221.105.2 -    3 |  635 |  622 |   66 |   78 |  184 |   92 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Actually, we are. Alberta. Telus internet.

2 Likes

frig, awkward, im a telus service manager… LOL and yes on fibre.

https://pastebin.com/Ahd0JMt6

Packet loss throughout the report. It’s highest on your home.home so powercycling that may stop it, or that may need to be replaced. There’s also high latency for the first hop, which we eject to be under 10.

yeah im on employee trials for firmware for our fibre gateway, ill have to reach out to the team to see if there was a patch friday night because it only started friday night

2 Likes

Thank you both! We’ve received some reports of this issue through our ticket system as well so we’re getting tracking up on our end.

@Histano, thank you for reaching out to the team as well to look into this! I wasn’t expecting a service manager here :slight_smile: Your tests were pretty clean, there was some spikes and mitigation on some nodes, but nothing was clear on causing the transfer aborted errors.

@Tindomerel There’s some loss on the home network, but I’d assume with multiple users experiencing this issue, there’s some configuration causing the data to show loss at the home network, or there may be something along the lines causing this issue.

We’re gathering information on our end as well, so hopefully we can get some additional information to pinpoint the issue and if an escalation is needed, get this sent up to our network team.

[Edit] We’re seeing more reports, updated the title here to reflect the issue. For anyone else experiencing the issue that is on the Telus network, please include a WinMTR test. Run the test until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

1 Like

Thank you so much Caterpepi. I’ll mess around with the modem whenever I can and see if it improves some of the slowdown at least.

Same thing, /alberta/ its been happening the last couple of days and is still happening.

im losing arena rating because of this… “transfer aborted: instance not found” over and over. either make it so that if “transfer aborted” occurs a loss doesnt occur or allow us to keep trying to zone in.

or stop queuing like i did

I am also from Alberta and use Telus as an ISP. I am on 1GB/s Fibre Optic hard wired connection. I only get this bug in arenas. I also currently only play this game for arenas at the moment. I have lost over 200 rating today and yesterday due to this bug. Even when my arena partner doesn’t join either, we still lose rating and get deserter. This needs to be fixed ASAP, or there is literally no point in continuing to pay a subscription fee for a game that I cannot play how I prefer.

xe-0-0-1-1-br02-eqla1.as57976 “dot net” is whats causing problems. its spiking right at that node from telus alberta to wherever the wow server is.