[Main Thread] Stuck in edit mode/UI interaction issues - May 2023

Also I can’t use my mouse to move or even click on an NPC or mailbox.

And now hitting Escape does nothing. I can’t even log out, I’m just stuck in Edit mode.

6 Likes

I’m having similar issues.

3 Likes

Same here–stuck in edit mode and can’t click anything

1 Like

I’m having the same issues, the minimap seems to be the source of my problems. By default, it covers the entire screen, preventing mouse clicks from registering. The sliders don’t really work to make it smaller, and it constantly resets to take up the entire screen.

5 Likes

Is this addon related? they seem to have broken their own UI. My minimap on edit mode is covering the entire screen.

2 Likes

Same issue cant move or click anything and stuck in edit mode

Same here. Stcuk in edit mode. Also, my customed UI is all messed up. I even disabled all my add-ons and still my UI is borked.

in another thread they’re saying it’s the addon MapCoords. I disabled it and my minimap went back to normal lol.

6 Likes

Same, can’t rotate the camera or move with the mouse. The minimap is also now at the top middle of the screen. I went into edit mode and it went completely haywire. When I tried to move the minimap the screen turned yellow and the minimap background seems to be taking up the entire screen, can’t escape or exit. Alt+F4 was the only way to get out

Confirmed … I just went through my addons and it’s the MapCoords addon causing the issue.

6 Likes

I logged in following the patch and my UI was scrambled in that my 5th action bar moved from the right to left side of the screen and the mini map is now centered at the top of the screen (and not movable in edit mode). More dramatically, my character is completely unresponsive to mouse or keyboard inputs.

2 Likes

Same problem here

Disabling all my addons fixed it. Someone said it might be the Map Coords addon doing it FWIW.

1 Like

I am having the same issues. I cannot click to accept a quest or anything. And the mini-map being stuck in the middle of the screen and not being able to move it in edit mode is distracting and ridiculous. Why would anyone want the mini-map right in the middle of the screen?

same, it seems to be the minimap in editmode taking up the entire screen. it’s overlaying the entire screen so you cannot click or do anything.

It was MapCoords causing my issues. I disabled it and reloaded the UI and it is working now.

4 Likes

Yep, mapcoords are the problem for the map UI.

Still other addons are not working correctly.

2 Likes

Thank you! Disabling MapCoods resolved it for me too.

4 Likes

Can confirm this worked for me as well. Thank you very much.

3 Likes
  1. I have a custom UI. It’s totally broken and reset to most of the default settings with the patch. I can understand moving things around if you’re actually using the default, but a custom UI should stay the same. Don’t move my stuff around.

2. Minimap is in the center of the screen and can’t be moved.

3. A few things are just missing. Action bar 3, for example. Can’t find it, can’t find it in the menu.

All of this would be solved with just leaving a custom UI alone.