[Main Thread] Stuck at retrieving realm list/Loading Screen and missing characters 8.28.24

happening to me aswell, is it down for maintenance?

1 Like

Actually i just got it to work close out or battle net completely or restart your PC should work then

1 Like

omg, me too. its a bug ??

Someone just said “Extinction Level Event”.

ty, fixed =D

Same here, realm list takes forever to load, then when it does my character list will not load at all, in fact it crashes the game when it starts loading as it won’t allow me to choose anything even cancel once its picked, I have to close the window to get out of it.

1 Like

Same issue here, rebooted and things started working again.

I had to hard kill the game; then ran patch and repair; it pulled an Upload it previously said didn’t exist.
Then it crashed one more time.
Tried again; and I’m in.
Probably luck. We’ll see if it lasts.

Same…scary…

Edit: Just tied again and it worked…maybe a little glitch… just keep trying!

No Problem homie have a good day <3

Restart your Battlenet or PC

Click the Log Out button on Battle.NET and log back in with your password to re-authenticate. Rebooting alone won’t work.

1 Like

Go into your World of Warcraft > _ retail _ and find the Cache folder. Delete the cache folder. That worked for me; however, if you log back out to try to clear the crushing lag in the game, you’ll have to delete the Cache folder again.

Same. I started having issues when starting the campaign, specifically after Dalaran ported and after the cinematic. I tried accepting the follow up quest and everything stalled out there. Now I’m getting an “unable to connect” message.

When I try to connect to the server my game just sits at “retrieving realm list” and never loads.

8 Likes

Getting no realms are available right now

1 Like

I’m having the same issue

Same. Got to the blue bar once but it stayed loading for 5+ minutes.

Same here. Tried six times over the last 15 minutes. On one attempt, I got to the “Retrieving character information” screen before it quit.

1 Like

Same, in fact I had a heck of a time logging into my account from my browser for a moment too.