[Main Thread] - Permissions errors updating or repairing games in Battle.net

Hey, this is STILL an active issue, I’m not sure what Bliz is doing here, trying to sweep this under the rug???

3 Likes

Add me to the list. Was able to run wow.exe directly for a while but not since Tuesday’s update. Unable to log in. Tried all suggestions.

2 Likes

Mac 2013 big sur 11.6.1. Cannot get into classic at all. This is days of my subscription of this point that have been wasted…

On a mac fully updated and wow tbc won’t open. I’ve tried everything stated up top and have gotten no where. Any other suggestions? Already missing raid

1 Like

EDIT

OK, after much dinking about, I’ve found the problem (for me at least). Ignore the previous steps under “OLD” down below, I’ve just kept that information there for posterity. I was about to start testing adding Addon folders back into /Interface/Addons when I saw a BUNCH of files for “RotationMaster.” I tried this addon some time ago, but abandoned it, but it seems to have left a TON of files in there. Also, you might have this addon installed for RETAIL but it dumped those files in CLASSIC anyway. In any case, I removed all the files (anything that starts with “RotationMaster”) and voila, updates run and TBC plays. Can someone else confirm for our sanity, please?

If this was just a damn addon issue, I can see why Blizzard was all ¯_(ツ)_/¯ about solving this. :rage:

OLD
This seemed to work for me (MacOS Monterey), can someone else try and confirm?

1. Quit Battle.net app
  2. Force Quit “Agent” via Activity Monitor if it’s still running
  3. MOVE (not COPY) the INTERFACE folder out of /Applications/World of Warcraft/_ classic _
  4. Launch Battle.net and Update Classic TBC
  5. MOVE the INTERFACE folder back into /Applications/World of Warcraft/_ classic _
  6. Launch game from Battle.net

This probably needs to be done each time (I haven’t verified yet, I’m still in-game) until Blizzard fixes this problem.

I’m a Mac user, and not someone using that AddOn and continue to have the problem.

I am able to login to TBC only from the game icon itself. But am not able to update the game. We’ll see how long that continues to be possible before it starts giving errors for logging in with an old version of the game.

I tried this (I think) and got the following error message: An updated version of World of Warcraft is available. Please launch the Battle.net app to download the update.

BCC is showing queued at 1% but does not progress any further.
WoW (yellow-Shadowlands) switches between queued at 0% and initializing, but again does not progress beyond that.

Wish I could :blue_heart: this a THOUSAND times!!!

i uninstalled the game to see if that would help, and now i am unable to install the game at all and nothing is working. Classic and Retail update and run, but TBC continues to be a problem for me

@Kaldraydis,

This has been happening on and off for months and been reported.
Currently running below software on Mac.

System Version: macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)
Kernel Version: Darwin 21.1.0

I was previously able to launch the game from “/Applications/World Of Warcraft/retail/” but now i am receiving “ERROR #154 (0x8510009a)” just started today.

This is impacting all games now not just World Of Warcraft.

// Update\
Scan and repair on wow failed twice third time it completed. was able to relaunch and update all games except Wow PTR still failing.

Unable to scan and repair Wow PTR as fails for same reason

Mine were already under full control…So I couldn’t apply this fix. I hope this gets fixed soon as it’s very annoying…even to the point you have to relog into the battlenet app just to get it to stop saying there’s an updated version when the game says PLAY.

what i had to do was in windows 10 open c drive program files x86 open world of warcraft folder. (with the launcher open and all dl paused)(forgot to add this.)

then hold control highlight…every thing there and shred it with my avast. closed the launcher reopened launcher and now its re downloading the whole game… sigh all my settings gone… but well see in a few if its fixed.

if this fixes it , blizz u will owe me some internet payment… because comcast has set data limits. 1tb… and just now i wasted 100 gb re dl

SAME here. I’ve been trying for hours, doing everything Computer and battle net side to try and resolve this issue but to NO AVAIL. Please help folks ;-;

Cancel that now did 1 update since i put in my addons… removed all addons. waiting a while before i give another update going thru each addon i use to find the culprit. by manually installing 1 then loading and logging out. so far i only have 6 addons in that cleared.

How many of you are using rested XP addon.?

i just moved entire addon folder to desktop i was able to update retail and log in

Hey all,

We released a patch that fixes some more of these today, and it seems like we’re getting less reports of issues now. Can you all restart your PCs, make sure the battle.net application updates itself, and if you’re still having problems, let us know what error codes you’re getting when you try to update/repair the game?

1 Like

I’m definitely still having the problem. Have re-installed the app three times now, scasnned and repaired files, restarted my Mac, tried starting the game both from battlenet and from Wow, all to no avail. I’ve updated my ticket to reflect all this, but I want to keep this thread alive until the problem is solved for everyone.