[Main Thread] - Permissions errors updating or repairing games in Battle.net

Hey all,

We released a patch that fixes some more of these today, and it seems like we’re getting less reports of issues now. Can you all restart your PCs, make sure the battle.net application updates itself, and if you’re still having problems, let us know what error codes you’re getting when you try to update/repair the game?

1 Like

I’m definitely still having the problem. Have re-installed the app three times now, scasnned and repaired files, restarted my Mac, tried starting the game both from battlenet and from Wow, all to no avail. I’ve updated my ticket to reflect all this, but I want to keep this thread alive until the problem is solved for everyone.

Windows 7. Cannot run any blizzard game whatsoever. Launcher keeps asking me to log in as admin. Was using the .exe file past 2 days but today I get the “An updated version of World of Warcraft is available. Please launch the Battle.net app to download the update.”

Blizzard has become a joke of a company. Been over a week, and all of the products I have paid for and pay montly fees for, I cannot access. Unacceptable. Beyond livid at this experience.

As many have pointed out in this thread, the feeling of being ignored makes this especially seething.

Glad it worked for you. Way too far above my head though.

On Windows 10, was having this problem also and could bypass it just by opening the exe file up until today. Tried everything but reinstalling the game and bnet clients, and just finally gave in. My WoW folder would not delete because of a single corrupted file in the cache folder titled ‘ConversationLine7328.tmp’. Moving that out of the WoW folder allowed me to delete it and start reinstalling the game again. Whether or not I’ll get to play afterwards is a different story, still in the process of reinstalling, but fingers crossed. I don’t wanna miss another raid night.

Edit: Reinstalling it like this worked until I copied all of my addons over, and now I’m getting the same error, though I can boot the game through the exe again. Said temp file isn’t in my cache again, though it seems as if the Details_Streamer plugin is giving me an issue now.

if you have trouble deleting or renaming some files download this program IObit Unlocker (it’s free) because the file(s) maybe set to read only or locked to a open program or Services

After the patch, it was a pleasure to see the apps starting to complete their updating :slight_smile:

Upon completion, I was able to access Retail without any problems. However, I got Error 154 when trying to access Classic. After rebooting, much to my surprise, I was able to access Classic.

Thanks Blizz :slight_smile:

• BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 Still having this issue!! Cannot bypass the launcher because I get a CAS error if I try that.

Here is how i just fixed the permissions issue in Monterey.

1. Open finder and for to you Applications folder
  2. Find the World of Warcraft folder
  3. Right click on the folder - select “get info”
  4. Under “sharing & Permissions” all privileges should be “Read & Write”
  5. Click the padlock at the bottom right and enter password
  6. Click the dropdown button on the “+ -” button at the bottom right of the info page
  7. Select to “apply to inclosed items”

that’s it. hope it helps and thanks for the info in the forum!

Também não consigo baixar ou atualizar nenhum jogo problema BLZBNTAGT0000084B
estou aguardando a solução pois já tentei de tudo

Not sure what the guy above me is saying but I’m going to assume is has something to do with the updates not working, which I agree is still an issue.

1 Like

This problem even I’m having, there are days I can’t play and the problem is not resolved

1 Like

Hopefully blizzard continues to look into this issue.

1 Like

I need some info here …I have been having issue of getting DC from the game over and over …Comcast says it not my ISP …to a bit ago I loaded up New World game and was able to play over 20 mins with no DC’s…my web browsers worked fine and loaded up pages fine.

Well I loaded up bnet and wow and played in it for over 30 mins …maybe connecting too New World reset something not really sure…

I’m still experiencing the ‘always updating’ issue. What I do for now is whenever it tries to ‘download updates’ as soon as it finishes with the WoW retail, I go to the download manager and pause all updates. I can launch the game and play and seemingly as soon as I’m done, WoW retail has ‘another update’ (which it doesn’t)… I watch it go from “initializing” to “reclaiming disk space” without doing anything at all. (no downloads of any kind)

1 Like

i have the same issue, did all the steppes i was given by GM and no fix

1 Like

They should really just combine this thread with the battle.net update thread because it’s basically the same issue and neither of them are solved and both threads are being ignored.

1 Like

im on windows 10, my computer has run WoW before i can play Crysis 3 on high FFS

BLZBNTAGT00000841 i have given it admin rights i even tried to install starcraft 2 to see if it was a blizzard problem nope starcraft 2 works fine installing but WoW and WoWC will NOT install or update

Hello everyone,

Our Battle.net team has resolved the issues which caused the permissions problems with the Battle.net desktop app and game installs.

Please see the latest post here for more information if anyone needs further help. Thanks!