[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

I would like to report that as I have stated above and many others the mouse in retail feels a bit off and I have tried everything under the sun. NOW also in classic when clicking there has been more of that rubber banding as well as it just feels off. I’ve tried two mice and it happens on both and I just got a new one 3 days ago and it works fine every other game. Im not sure what happen in a week but its made both games completely unplayable. For those having issues still keep this thread going so they see it Monday!

2 Likes

Bump

10 char

right click still “unclicking” randomly

1 Like

Our teams been looking into the mouse, cursor, and camera issues recently. A few of the issues were resolved on the current 35284 build, but there’s a few issues that our team is still looking into.

1 Like

So I might’ve found a ‘possible’ fix, it’s complicated, I came across this suggestion on wow reddit.

Someone suggested to switch to/from windowed mode and mess with directX settings. I’ve been messing with those options, a friend of mine suggested alt+tabbing out and in as well, less success with that tbh. But right now, at least for this moment, this has fixed it.

What I did was that, now I’m not sure if this has something to do with it, cause earlier this morning I’ve been switching my directX settings to 11 legacy, 11, then 12 back and forth, later today I just switched to windowed fullscreen, it was already on that, but I re-selected it, clicked apply, have not been experiencing the mouse bug so far, idk, it’s weird, but try it, maybe it helps even a tiny bit.

I tried this with no luck :(. Mouse still feelings off and stuttering. I even tried the reduced input lag on classic and have the same issue just in both games. Getting close to just throwing in the towel :confused:

Any update on the game freezes using DirectX 11? It’s been over a week :frowning:

Bump.

Still having mouse issues with RMB not sticking when holding both buttons down. Along with general mouse issues as stated above. Only happens in wow and wow classic. Any updates?

Same here … mouse control using right button or both buttons acting erratic …

1 Like

At this point it seems like something we will have to deal with. After three mice same problems. Don’t know what else to do or who to contact no answer from anyone that has work. :confused:

Very unfortunate. I haven’t been playing much, but I haven’t noticed any issues on my end. Hopefully you can get it figured out and Blizz will fix this issue.

1 Like

These issues have come back for me. On both rawMouse 1 and 0. My camera sometimes acts like I am holding down right/left click and moving my mouse around moves my camera. I am also getting the sticky cursor issue again.

Has this been fixed yet? I’m still having mouse issues, and /console rawMouseEnable 0 didn’t fix it (kinda feels like it made it worse?)

The cursor seems to get stuck, and when i try to autorun using both mouse buttons, I end up going nowhere or stutter-stepping at random times. Often times when I’m in combat and trying to get away from something.

I’m starting to wonder if I just have a busted mouse, but it seems like too much of a coincidence.

Does anyone else have mouse/camera issues while running Horrific Visions? I swear that my camera movement seems to increase dramatically and sporadically while running visions, compared to when I play the normal game, and it’s driving me crazy.

I have my mouse look speed set to a really low setting in the options panel, almost at the lowest possible setting, but while running Horrific Visions, even the slightest movement of my mouse while holding down right click and moving the camera causes it to move way too quickly.

I’ve been spam-running them, trying to determine if it’s just me THINKING that the camera is moving quicker due to the constant haste increases/decreases from buffs in the vision (like Gift of the Titans and that annoying thing that randomly increases/decreases haste by 30% or whatever), but I don’t think that has anything to do with it.

I’ve tried so many things to fix this annoying problem. The “disable hardware acceleration”, /console rawMouseEnable 0, disabling my Razer software, etc, and nothing seems to fix the problem.

It feels as if none of the settings matter at all, and the camera look speed will just randomly increase. I’ve even tested using different mice, and that doesn’t change anything.

Having problems with small stuttering whenever I mouse over any type of NPC or interact-able. Tried disabling addons, restart of everything, and different versions (beta/retail/classic). Nothing seems to be changing

When is this actually going to be fixed? I am getting the mouse issues again; all of them. Mouse acting like left/right click is held down when it’s not, the cursor sticking to an NPC or object, random mouse stutter issues. I have tried three different mice of three different brands. All the same issues. Happens with addons and without.

This happens with both mouseRAW 0 and 1.

It’s been weeks with no further updates. I’m not sure it’s even on their radar since it appears it’s only happening to a small group. It happens in classic and retail. I’ve just tried to live with it. Playing classic is easier since I don’t have to do as much precision movement. So for the foreseeable future it’s just a “ shrug deal with it.” :pensive:

I started experiencing this issue today. Very annoying and was affecting my m+ runs. Can this please be fixed?

Hey all,

The original mouse/camera issue that this thread was created for was resolved on July 23rd. It only affected the Battle for Azeroth version, not Classic. Any new camera issues experienced after that date would not be related to the original issue, so we’re going to close this thread.

For those that are experiencing new mouse or camera issues, if you would like help in troubleshooting the problem please go ahead and submit a ticket. Make sure to include your DXDIAG and MSINFO files, as well as the model of mouse being used.

Thanks!