[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering

I have a 1080ti and I have NOT had this problem with the new driver. I have not gone into Shadowlands content yet (I’ve got myself XP off at 50, finishing up BFA pathfinder first). I was away from the game for some time, and I’m not going to feel ready to go into Shadowlands until I’ve got Pathfinder done.

I’ve been all over just about every non-Shadowlands zone without any problems. Is this only happening in Shadowlands zones? Is there any other place I should go to check? (As I said I am not doing the Shadowlands starting quest yet.)

Using a evga 2060 super.

I was trying to diganose if any particular change fixed this so I was flipping things on and off, and at one point I tried turning Triple Buffering off. It stopped flickering, so I thought maybe that would be the fix. So I turned it back on, expecting it to start flickering again. Now I can’t get it to flicker again, and it’s fine.

Really confused, can someone else try this?

1 Like

Same issue here on an non-Super RTX 2060, rolling back to 457.51 fixed this issue for me

Same problem, EVGA 2080 Super on latest Cyberpunk drivers. I just picked Bastion as my covenant, and that whole zone is a strobe-lit dance party.

1 Like

It’ll come back. I experienced the same thing by switching to DX11, which stopped the flickering, then switched back to DX12 and the flickering was still gone, but after a while I started seeing things flickering again.

Which is not an option for anyone who’s also playing Cyberpunk.

Ray tracing shadows is disabled in my case, and I see this flickering.

Same problem, texture flickering in some models, GTX 1080 (no ray tracing), swaping to dx 11 fix it for me.

1 Like

I have a 1080ti and after the last Nvidia update my game stutters very badly. Its really random too sometimes its ok and sometimes its not. Also I have the flickering graphics as well, normally the roots of the trees in ardenwhealds.

switching to direct 11 didn’t fix the issue for me. Its the same and it looks like im getting 15 frames a second. As im writing this after about 2 minutes the issue disappeared and now is fully smooth. This would sometimes happen in DX12 also

Its really random, I have a 1080ti as well and sometimes I will be fine and sometimes I will log in and immediately see the stuttering. I am on pre set graphics level 7. If you go to ardewheald see if the roots of the trees flicker for you. its not all roots its only some of the roots.

Flickering here too. 1050ti. same issues as everyone else.

Machine: MSI GL72M 7RDX
Video: NV GTX1050
Driver: 460.79

Massive flicker on any shadow setting, although “Low” setting is the least annoying.

Very big problem with this driver as well.
Video: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070
Driver: 460.79
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ0jyAijEyc

Very annoying.

2 Likes

The best way I could get it to happen consistently was to get a loading screen into a Shadowlands or Legion zone.
If I restart the game the flickering would be gone and it would stay gone until I got into a loading screen again.
Turning shadows to low made it more bearable and now it hardly every happens.

I have a 2070 Super and would really appreciate if you guys could work this out with NVIDIA and fix it ASAP because having to swap drivers to play Cyberpunk and then swap back to play WoW is really awful.

1 Like

Update: I backrev’d to driver 457.51, and the issue is gone. Definitely a problem with 460.79.

100% confirm: 460.79 flickered objects, rolling back to 457.51 fixed.
I’m on a Ryzen 1600 with GTX 1060.
Every possible combination of game settings, monitor settings… even different cables, 460.79 had the issue.

Blue People of Blizzard: Please put a note on the launcher, or tweet, etc, to pass it on! Please and thank you.

1 Like

Im using GTX 1050ti and I’m getting MAJOR flickering since updating to the Cyberpunk ready driver so much that its giving me headaches. The Maw especially around Ve’Nari flickers like a strobe and was driving me insane. Bastion, Ardenweald and Revendreth alllll flickering all the time. Skybox, trees, shadows. Even in dungeons like Halls of Atonement the sire statues would flicker like crazy. Mists of tirna alll the trees and skybox constantly flickering. The only zone that seems to be more stable is Maldraxxus. It does it all the time constantly not just when I tab to the game. It was not doing this at all before the update. I have not found a fix yet and i’ve been scouring the internet for it. It would be amazing if we got it fixed cause its making my eyes hurt so bad.

Also, lowering shadows did not do much and the game is not letting me switch to dx11 to see if that helps. Whenever I try to switch it closes the game but then when I reopen it goes right back to dx12.

Can confirm Ray Tracing is not the issue for older cards. I have a 1070 with Ray Tracing Shadows disabled and still have the flickering issue as seen the previous users video. I would however say my experience is far worse.

This only started happening after taking the latest Nivida update. Will likely revert back here soon. Thanks Blues for getting on this ASAP. Much love and respect!