[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering

Same problem, 1080gtx and 3070rtx

Also same problem. Have been spending all day trying to fix before finding it listed here. GTX1070 (no Ray Tracing on this model). As others have said, strobe light boogaloo on trees, some flame textures etc. Also have noticed my client crashes when trying to switch from DX12 to DX11. I did a fresh windows install and most up to date driver.

I use Geforce GTX 1060 TI. Last night seems fine when I was on but this morning when I was doing couple mythic I notice a half second delay I thought I was lagging but it seems to be the frame rate. I tried to restart my computer and check to see if there’s an update I updated to 460.79 from the previous latest version and the framerate went to crap also it kept flickering white screen couple times I ctrl alt del to end task. Tried to restart couple times still didn’t work. I went to check the Geforce experience and the shadow setting on ultra for some reason. I set it back to low and it seems fine for now. Hope there’s a hot fix.

FPS dropping from 90s to 5s randomly now.

Had the exact same issues. Flickering of plants in most zones, buildings in battlegrounds - especially bad in Arathi Basin. Had upgraded to the 460.79 drivers. Rolled them back to the 5730 drivers - have a GTX 1050 card in my laptop.
All flickering stopped once I rolled back.

2 Likes

Chiming in as well with the same issues. I suppose I’ll roll back the drivers for now.

Exact same problem here. Doesn’t matter what settings I use. DX12 or DX11. This sucks because I want to play both games atm. Fix your texture issues Blizz, this happens every few updates!

I was having the same issues after updating to the 460.79 on my 1050 ti. I was able to fix my flickering issue by going into the ingame “System” settings, then to the “advanced” tab, and simply going down to the “Graphics Card” setting and changing it from auto-detect to my 1050 ti… has been somewhere between 3 and 4 days with zero flickering. Just posting in hopes that it helps.

I’ll try that. Turning off projected textures seems to help quite a bit too, but then you can barely see stuff you don’t wanna stand in.

I just take my computer apart and blow all the dust off, use cccleaner clean all those registry crap etc, went to redownload the newest nvidia driver from scratch by choosing custom installation instead of express. When I download the driver the first time it frozed up not sure if that has anything to do with it. But after I did all that the fps drop and flicker seems to stop. Good Luck all.

I’d like to chime in on this to and confirm I am getting this issue as well, I have nvidia 460.79 driver and a 1050ti. Mostly it seems to happen in the maw especially torgast.

Same issues. Happens in DX11 and DX12. Happens regardless of AA and AF settings or MSAA and seems to happen regardless of just about any setting (Though disabling Projected Textures helps it a lot).

Kinda annoying as Cyberpunk absolutely requires this driver to not run like a potato so downgrading it is not an option.

i’ve been having the same issues. However I’ve also been experiencing hard locks and freezing I have to hard boot out of.

I can’t seem to get more 10-20 mins of solid game play before it crashes. I’ll probably make my own thread for it, but I think it’s connected to this.

1 Like

Just wanted to say Im getting this too. https://youtu.be/wbt2MBx_Lpg shows it.

I also have this issue with driver 460.79. Setting the Shadows to Low does stop the flickering. Also changing the maximum fps below 70 also stopped the flickering, even with shadow quality set to ultra high. I have a 4k 144hz monitor. Tabbing out also stops the flickering as I have max fps set to 30 when tabbed out of the game.

Here’s a link showing the flickering, and it going away when lowering the max fps in game, as well as when I lowered the shadow detail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ksDWdZF_U

I have this issue too. Atleast on my end, it looks to be particle density. Setting it from Ultra to Good or lower stops the flickering. Everything else is maxed (except ray tracing, I can’t run that).

Edit: I went to the Darkmoon Fair and the trees started flickering. I messed around with more options and, for some reason, turning liquid detail down to fair fixed that. Strange things are a’happenin’.

I have this going on for me, it was REALLY bad in some arenas. I did a +6 spires of ascension and if I had epilepsy i’d honestly be dead. The entire backround where the clouds/mists or w.e of the zone were constantly flashing black and white ~30times a second. it was insane how badly it was doing it.

Is there a guaranteeed confirm fix for this yet?

Any suggested change you do above might fix it for abit, but issue will come back after a while. Hopefully Blizz is working with NV to fix this

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well, the issue comes back periodically even if graphics settings are changed as recommended. :frowning:

The issue seems to happen pretty randomly - seen it happen on rock surfaces in the Maw, on gate textures in revendreth, in the flowers in spires of ascension, etc.

Running an MSI Nvidia 2080

Rollback your drivers to the version you previously had

1 Like