[Main Thread} MacOS Users Launching From Battle App Crash after 10.0.5 upgrade "Fixed"

My System:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Sorry to inform some MacOS users the only way to fix this issue, for now, is to upgrade to Ventura 13.2, everything loaded perfectly with no issues.

Mac users that have a Mac with a Metal 3-supported GPU Only. For literally anyone else, you do not want to install Ventura, or else you’ll be hit with the Metal 2 memory leak.

I didn’t want to upgrade because of some Music Production software Fl Studio, Pro Tools, etc. I have installed and I didn’t know if it is compatible with Ventura 13.2 Im still checking if everything is working perfectly besides wow, but for now the game loads perfectly from the Battle app.

2 Likes

[Q] It seems as though this effects Intel based platforms. Are you running Intel or Apple Silicon?

yeah this game isnt worth plugin compatibility complications when running my DAW, I’ll only upgrade when I get a new machine. If thats the fix my time is done here, theres more fruitful ways to waste recreation time.

3 Likes

Intel, I added my Computer information in the Thread

Thanks for the update. super helpful. It looks like I am stuck at Metal 2 with my RX560 on my Core i9 from 2018.

1 Like

My iMac is 2014 5K Retina, and is not compatible with Ventura,
It currently have Bigsur and the app keeps crashing.

So that means that I will not be able to play Retail Wow because of the new patch?
this is some major dissapointing bull ishh.

any word on if Blizz will make this compatible with other MAC OS such as bigsur/ monterey?

7 Likes

I have
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB
i was playing fine 1 hr before the maintenance went down for the patch but haven’t been able to play Dragonflight ever since. maybe i have to get M2 mac mini ugh lol

2 Likes

Thank you for the good intentions but having to buy a new computer is not a fix. This bug should NOT be considered fixed. The system requirements were clear since pre-sale started.

13 Likes

Yes i agree 100% with you. they need to fix it asap.

2 Likes

Yeah…“fixed”, my butt…
I have just about the same iMac as you, and this is frustrating as hell, and still no answers…Cant upgrade to 13, I Wouldn’t if I could, don’t want to “break” the apps I have for Business …
I’m really starting to feel some withdrawal. Been playing regularly since 2007, and this game was the thing that kept this 70 year old sane during Covid. I NEED MY WOW

8 Likes

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB

MacOS Big Sur 11.7.2
Goes to a black screen with the gauntlet cursor then crashes.

3 Likes

Who “fixed” the Macs? Blizzard? Blizzard hasn’t done fecal material to fix any Mac issues. Users WOW is crashing

“The application encountered an unexpected error.”
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac20,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB

Confirmed. I just finished upgrading my 2020 iMac from 11.7.3 with Wow crashing at loadup, to 13.2 and Wow now works fine

1 Like

Well, I’m screwed since I can’t upgrade my lat 2015 iMac past 10.15.7. Thanks, Blizz.

2 Likes

I can verify that upgrading to Big Sur fixed the issue.

I have Big Sur, still not working. WoW crashes when I push play.

2 Likes

What year Mac do you have? Looks like 2015 and older has issues

I have a 2020 iMac - I think it’s a Big Sur issue, not a hardware issue.

Currently running:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
16 GB 2667 MHZ DDR4 G

Was on Big Sur and crashing. Just updated to Ventura (13.2) and upgrading fixed the issue.
The reason I didn’t upgrade so long from Big Sur was I am using a Logitech G13 gamepad and didn’t want it to stop working. Glad to say it is still working as expected along with the outdated Logitech Gaming Software.