[Main Thread} MacOS Users Launching From Battle App Crash after 10.0.5 upgrade "Fixed"

Please, let’s understand something: ventura only works on M1 Macs. Those came out 2 years ago. Anything prior to that has Metal3 memory leak problems. But systems that came before that should NOT be considered “old models”. It’s only been 2 years, ffs. Should we have to buy the absolute latest Macs to be able to play our 20 year old game? They also sold it to us with the requirements stating it works on 2012 machines. If you have to upgrade your machine to make it work, it’s not “fixed” by any means.

13 Likes

still broken for most macs …

1 Like

Blizzard has yet to officially announce a fix other than to upgrade the OS ? Bye, bye Blizzard

3 Likes

Another one here who can’t log in any more but upgrading to Ventura 13 would crash my computer (the whole Metal 3 thing). Please fix this Blizz.

2 Likes

2014, yuck!

Especially when the minimum system requirement on the website is 10.15 - nice one.

They screwed the pooch on this one.

3 Likes

Same issue. WoW crashing at start-up wether thru battle.net or manually.

MacBook Pro
3.1 QuadCore Intel i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR3 etc but running Big Sur.

Updating to Ventura 13.2 “fixed” all issues with WoW

Not necessarily a “fix” from Blizzard but fixed my issue.

So in order for me to play WoW at this point, I have to upgrade my system which has worked fine until this patch…time to cancel my subscription to Blizzard forever. Was looking forward to Diablo IV as well, but after this BS, not even gonna buy that crap. Bye bye Blizzard.

4 Likes

You will be back, friend.

1 Like

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB

Tried a few suggested things that did not work. Blizzard said there is a known Mac bug…they are working on it…day 8 not playing…

I know my system is old but…uugh please fix

Imac retina 5k 27 in late 2015
Processor 3.2 Ghz Quad-core Intel core i5
Memory 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

macOS BigSur 11.3.1

Same issue, click play, screen black, app closes and returned to desktop with error notification.

We got a blue post on the other thread saying they are optimistic they can release a fix today. Anyway, they are close. Fingers crossed.

I was worried it was just me that was having issues, tried reinstalling twice and following all the other standard fixes for general issues. Glad I found this thread… i have a late 2014 iMac running macOS Big Sur 11.7.3, which is the most recent it will support. I know this is a pretty old computer now, but it runs WoW pretty well still (until this update…). I really hope a fix is introduced soon, I have played WoW since 2006.

1 Like

I have the same Mac. It supported retail wow just fine. I’ve been playing wow since the original burning crusade and this computer has delivered the best wow experience I’ve ever had TBH… until blizzard killed their app for us this update.

I was not planning to upgrade computers for at least another year or two as it still runs everything else I need it to without issue.

I am on Big Sur 11.7.3 (latest) and wow doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Same Doc. Same exact iMac too. I am surprised at how many of us have the same! 2014 must have been a big year for iMacs! Thing is that I recently upgraded to macOS Big Sur, like within the past couple of weeks. I wonder if going back will actually work, I can’t remember seeing many posts about 2014 iMacs with older macOS than Big Sur not working…

Some people are posting that they are on version 10.0.5.47871. I’m on version 10.0.5.47849 and not being prompted to upgrade.
Some folks on .47871 claim the game in working again on Big Sur, others say it’s still not working. Those who say they can play report frame rate issues.
What a mess!
The least Blizzard needs to do after fixing this is to give people game credit, as a serious company would do.

As far as I understood (being camping on these threads this week), Catalina should be running, as well as some Big Sur, depending on GPU. Ventura never crashed (the few Ventura crashes reported seemed to be something else, not the same bug).

Others on Big Sur will still not be able to play, as is everybody on Monterey. Fix coming Tuesday.

Now, if the problem is that bnet is not prompting to do the (…)71 version upgrade, that’s another issue. I’d recommend a reinstallation of the client. The (…)71 patch came a while ago and fixed it for ppl on Catalina and the lucky ones on Big Sur.

1 Like

I was able to use my Mac again for WoW once I upgraded 11.7.3 to 13.2 Ventura.

1 Like

What happens to our missed Vault loot?