[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

Tried updating from 11.7.2 to 11.7.3 (not sure why it never autoupdated), still no luck, but I did finally see the WoW cursor for a moment before the crash reported launched

How much money do you think they would lose if they made it so every older mac user couldnā€™t play wow? Iā€™m not buying a 2k new computer just for a $15 sub that crashes once a monthā€¦Runescape it is, screw this.

5 Likes

Same issue as stated. Launcher goes to black screen, wow curser appears and then it crashes

1 Like

Ok so I did what others have done. I installed OS Monterey after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, changing passwords etcā€¦

I AM NOW ABLE TO PLAYā€¦

I am on a 2015 MAC

I know a lot of you donā€™t want to change OS but I am now playing and the game is ultra smoothā€¦

Bring me Thanos!

2014 and older Mac canā€™t download Ventura, not sure about Monterey, can anyone confirm Monterey works and 2014 macs can use it?

1 Like

I am on Monterey 12.6.3 and it is still broken

1 Like

same here!

As long as your iMac is 2015 or later you will be able to run Monterey

That was copied straight from a MAC article.

I can confirm that Monterey is a fix- game working now for me. I am sorry that your MAC is older. I was running Catalina and the game did not runā€¦

My machine is supported by Monterery and I have been using it since release. WoW is still broken

their twitter has less replys than this. i went to blizzard cs this morning and i think it only had like 56. maybe better luck using that then their own forums which i doubt they read unless theyā€™re feeling sadistic.

1 Like

Yeah we should start moving to the @blizzardcs Twitter, no one has brought it up there yet that I see

3 Likes

did you do anything else besides running monterey? i am running monterey and wow retail wonā€™t work. i did get an update for monterey the morning before the patch, which is odd.

Monterey 12.6.3 came out the day before the patch. I updated right away and continued to play until the servers went down for the patch. Then the patch broke the game

I would start your MAC in safe mode then install a fresh copy as the Operating Systems are patched. I installed a fresh copy of Monterey and was playing immediately.

For example, I was running Catalina but the App Store could not find OS Monterey. So I started in safe mode, downloaded a fresh copy of Catalina which then allowed the App Store to work properly- allowing me to search, find and install Monterey.

Screenshot with Dragonflight running in windowed-mode and About This Mac open or stop trolling

Iā€™m not downgrading three versions of iOS to play a game that played fine 48 hours ago on Catalina. I might upgrade but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the problem.

5 Likes

At the rate this is getting fixed weā€™re going to completely miss the timewalking eventā€¦

so is there a solution? Hey WOW are you going to give us free days until you fix this?

3 Likes

the same happened to me