[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

I have screenshotted but not sure how to share it.

email me and I will send it

use imgur dot com
and just post the last part of the link they give you here (the mangled letters/numbers)

/a/qjQeaNc

/a/qjQeaNc

There u go

very interesting, thank you for posting that

I wasn’t trying to call you out but we needed some proof

Thats ok! I even tried reinstalling the entire game and changing password… Its just an option that worked for me

Downloaded new update. Still crashing when trying to open wow from the battle.net launcher.

They could have broken the game for people using an OS earlier than Monterey and/or are using Intel Graphics

I think there were some major graphic options added with this patch.

There isn’t any simple version cut off that accounts for everything I’ve seen reported in this thread as far as I can tell. A friend of mine on Big Sur was able to run the patch right away no issues (although she’s also got an M1)
I suspect graphics of some kind too, at first I thought you had to be on metal 3 which very new hardware might be doing even on Big Sur, but after updating to Monterey fixed my WoW my machine is still using metal 2.
Which is all very frustrating in terms of trying to work out our own solutions, but fwiw the inconsistencies makes me more hopeful that what they’re dealing with is just a strange bug rather than any strict incompatibility.

1 Like

idk, I bought a refurb M1 that comes in tomorrow. This was just the last straw that got me to finally upgrade.

1 Like

That randomly happens anytime you log in on a browser that was logged out or never logged in. It happens in macOS as well. It just requires logging out and back in until you see characters appear. It’s a bug in Blizzard’s latest version of Discourse.

Please remove your email from the post. Those are considered personal information and are not allowed here on the fora.

Im hoping this gets fixed during maintenance tomorrow. Goodnight all, fingers crossed tomorrow is the day.

1 Like

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
11.7.2 (20G1020)

Some of the many error codes:
64A68B0C-3A25-45C6-B08C-BFD3093375E1
44A0C979-3169-41B1-9022-DC99467FC756
2BF4974D-910B-4412-808B-6D186B643F30
06A7F7DC-73C0-4D9C-9604-5FCE03EF7D3A

1 Like

Im more and more convinced that the graphics part of the patch screwed over Mac users with Intel graphics

amen!
I think they don’t test with MAC’s it seems!

Jesus… blizzard is indeed not going well…
Fix this!!!
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk DIsco Flash
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB

Tried today’s patch, and still the same: game crashes upon trying to launch from the Bnet launcher. Error code 40B1A910-C74C-4B02-A825-3DA0235F6A76.

it looks like you need Monterey or better and Radeon or better graphics

but idk, i broke down and have a refurb M1 coming in tomorrow

Make/Model of the system: iMac20,1
Processor:8 core Intel Core i7
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT
OS Version: 11.7.1

I’m being nagged to go out an do some gardening as WOW isn’t working. If i fall off a ladder and die I’m going to resurrect in RL and come back and sue you Blizzard!

7 Likes