[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

You probably just need to make sure you have the correct wow account selected in the drop down menu. Usually #1 not #2.

,They could give some info on what the problem is. They could explain that the hotfix coming out tomorrow isn’t going to solve it so people don’t get their hopes up. They could tell people if they do or don’t recommend upgrading. Twisting in the wind with no info is not good. I get you’re all “no big deal whatever is whatever”, but the fact that the thread is about to have 600 posts soon, shows you’re in the minority on this.

5 Likes

Tried updating from 11.7.2 to 11.7.3 (not sure why it never autoupdated), still no luck, but I did finally see the WoW cursor for a moment before the crash reported launched

How much money do you think they would lose if they made it so every older mac user couldn’t play wow? I’m not buying a 2k new computer just for a $15 sub that crashes once a month…Runescape it is, screw this.

5 Likes

Same issue as stated. Launcher goes to black screen, wow curser appears and then it crashes

1 Like

Ok so I did what others have done. I installed OS Monterey after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, changing passwords etc…

I AM NOW ABLE TO PLAY…

I am on a 2015 MAC

I know a lot of you don’t want to change OS but I am now playing and the game is ultra smooth…

Bring me Thanos!

2014 and older Mac can’t download Ventura, not sure about Monterey, can anyone confirm Monterey works and 2014 macs can use it?

1 Like

I am on Monterey 12.6.3 and it is still broken

1 Like

same here!

As long as your iMac is 2015 or later you will be able to run Monterey

That was copied straight from a MAC article.

I can confirm that Monterey is a fix- game working now for me. I am sorry that your MAC is older. I was running Catalina and the game did not run…

My machine is supported by Monterery and I have been using it since release. WoW is still broken

their twitter has less replys than this. i went to blizzard cs this morning and i think it only had like 56. maybe better luck using that then their own forums which i doubt they read unless they’re feeling sadistic.

1 Like

Yeah we should start moving to the @blizzardcs Twitter, no one has brought it up there yet that I see

3 Likes

did you do anything else besides running monterey? i am running monterey and wow retail won’t work. i did get an update for monterey the morning before the patch, which is odd.

Monterey 12.6.3 came out the day before the patch. I updated right away and continued to play until the servers went down for the patch. Then the patch broke the game

I would start your MAC in safe mode then install a fresh copy as the Operating Systems are patched. I installed a fresh copy of Monterey and was playing immediately.

For example, I was running Catalina but the App Store could not find OS Monterey. So I started in safe mode, downloaded a fresh copy of Catalina which then allowed the App Store to work properly- allowing me to search, find and install Monterey.

Screenshot with Dragonflight running in windowed-mode and About This Mac open or stop trolling

I’m not downgrading three versions of iOS to play a game that played fine 48 hours ago on Catalina. I might upgrade but I don’t think that’s the problem.

5 Likes

At the rate this is getting fixed we’re going to completely miss the timewalking event…