Main Thread - Blizzard Agent went to sleep

What the OP just said.

Up until yesterday; everything fine and dandy, except for classic but that’s a separate thread.

Login attempt 5:37 AM PDT ‘Blizzard Agent went to sleep etc.’

2 Likes

You can still launch the games manually using their specific executable files.

1 Like

Same problem, yesterday everything was working fine… today started laptop, didn’t change anything… and the same issue as the OP stated (“Blizzard agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up…”)

1 Like

I was playing earlier and it was fine but now I can’t get the launcher to work. Its getting late here so I guess I’ll not bother anymore and hope its fixed by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Nope – not working for me, unfortunately. >__<

2 Likes

Same issue. Everything fine yesterday. MS update last night at bedtime. This morning the app will open and I can browse all of the tabs except the ‘games’ tab. Getting the agent asleep error on that one. I know I can run the game from the executable in the wow folder (have already done so). Just concerned about how I will update the game if the agent doesn’t get fixed.

1 Like

This is how I fixed mine, I went into task manager(CTRL ALT DEL) and closed:

Battle.net.exe(All the ones running)
Agent.exe

Then went to C:\ProgramData and deleted the Battle.net folder

Reopened the Battle.net launcher and it came up.

13 Likes

Same here, just keeps hanging up

1 Like

Hey all!

Our Engineers are already on the case! We are currently investigating and posting updates regarding this here.

14 Likes

Same here. Nothing happens.

1 Like

Okay thank you for this update, we will wait patiently for you to fix it, cheers :smiley:

If you have not downloaded classic, go to the Warcraft folder and then look for the retail folder for the exe file. You can launch that way.

1 Like

Not working for me…Even the Update link comes back with an error.

1 Like

Doesn’t work with new accounts “Wow1” since its completely integrated with battle.net :frowning:

1 Like

works for me need go in subfolder from your main drive (this pc) and prgm file 86 then down to wow then open retial and click wow exe works i 'm awesome this helps.

4 Likes

Same issue:

Something went wrong on our end

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.

Blizzard Support Home

Error code:c057819d-5408-4f1c-bc02-4762ab9be44c

1 Like

many thanks friend, this worked!

Same happened here, plus I went to reinstall and now the launcher hangs at about halfway through install. Oh, and the installer keeps failing to download, I just did this two weeks ago and I’m forced to work off that download so maybe they changed the installer?

I guess I’ll go try to bypass it until this gets fixed.

1 Like

Same issue. I deleted the battle.net app and now get hung up in the reinstall process when it tries to update the agent. Started having the problem before I installed the latest Windows 10 update, so it is not likely due to that.

1 Like

Can I just say how irresponsible this is considering the ongoing pandemic and folks “working from home” today.

Thanks, Blizz.

Also, paid name changes in Classic pls. I won’t transfer but I want to give you more money.

2 Likes